• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finland vs. Soviet Union

Surely this shouldn't be a whole new mod but just new custom content for RO? That way the play base is sure to be a lot higher and you don't need to change game.

Hmm... Why not?! We could start by just making Winter/Continuation War maps for RO2. Get the feedback, ideas, polish those etc. and move on from there. But what are the limitations for the custom content? Maps can be done. Skins too, right? What about weapons? Molotov coctails? Tanks? Voices? :D

Feels like repeating myself but what comes to changing games, I really do wish there to be some mod menu implemented for RO2 (like mentioned elsewhere).

Upvote 0
Surely this shouldn't be a whole new mod but just new custom content for RO? That way the play base is sure to be a lot higher and you don't need to change game.

I agree here, actually. I think this is by far the best thing to do.

lol Why do my posts always get disliked but no one ever has the balls to reply.

Must be my sig. Too many IS-2 lovers out there.

They should just get rid of the rep system... wtf is up with your rep now?! :eek: lol

The IS-2 forgave his sins as a tractor-lover and blessed him. :IS2:

Upvote 0
They should just get rid of the rep system... wtf is up with your rep now?! :eek: lol

this is why i don't like rep system because only immaturity results from it. there is no reason only saying i like a post should be there it adds a positive spin on things and negativity. also this rep system is stupid because unless you worship the is2 which is a joke its actually kind of funny. but once you start adding the reputation thing to it it becomes a very sad situation. :( thats the biggest problem the negative vote systme needs to be removed if i like a post i vote it up if i don't i ignore it. or explain why in comments. not thru an anonymous voting system. :mad:

Upvote 0
very sad situation. :( thats the biggest problem the negative vote systme needs to be removed if i like a post i vote it up if i don't i ignore it. or explain why in comments. not thru an anonymous voting system. :mad:

Exactly. Though this is derailing this topic but I'm afraid to start a request at Ideas & Suggestion to either remove rep system or implement at least non-anonymous rep system, similar to Steam's as it shows who has given you the rep and which post in your profile. (As it states in FAQ)
You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page.
This is how Steam forums work but here there's no listing in here :(

Upvote 0
It would still require a substantial amount of work to do Continuation and Winter War-based maps for HoS. Custom skins for infantry, preferably some Finnish voice work, new tank skins, static meshes and map textures to reflect the terrain and vegetation of Finland accurately. All quite possible to implement, but would likely go much more easily if it were done as a compilation by a team of mappers and modders.

I would really love to see this, though, and I imagine many Finnish players would as well. I recall playing Mannikkala in Ostfront a couple of years ago, and a Finnish player on my team was really disappointed that the Axis side was comprised of stock RO Germans. No custom textures or anything to speak of.

Reactions: Matkailija
Upvote 0
This is amazing idea.

Couple things i would like to see are, Russian troops mainly used roads because of the snow and Finns had skiis that effected the battles. And maybe the fact that it was very cold and Russian troops had summer cloths, so maybe there could be some hypothermia effect if staying still.

Those are just some ideas i

Upvote 0
I would LOVE to see a Finnish War mod. There is a chap whom you must get in touch with regarding this if you plan to go on with it. He created a very nice and working Warband mod for Mount & Blade. He's named on these forums as WEe, if I recall.

Anyway, his mod forum is here:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,188.0.html

I bet he can be persuaded to work in RO:II.

;)

Reactions: Matkailija
Upvote 0