• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HOS featured in Pc Gamer's "Big 10 of 2011" (new pic?)

me2's faces look exactly like these, except less detailed. but you can't tell since it's a bunch of aliens with blue faces. crysis uses a different kind of skin shader that makes it look like clay rather than plastic.

so far i've not seen any game that does faces well. in comparison, these faces are amazing.

Upvote 0
Ah, I remember Soldiers at War having that sort of cover.

42626856121242456766.jpg

I used to love that game.

Upvote 0
mmm wonder where you all got that idea....

There's a million other images like this (and a lot of them are much better). I have to say mine one came out rather well for how quickly I rushed it (though after looking at that face for so long I've noticed a few similarities to my Father's face. It's eerie).

Upvote 0
Well, since we are talking about if the picture could be recreated in-game, I'm curious, how much of the teaser trailer that's been released is actually in-game footage? I'd figure some of it looks like it would be in a game, but some of it (heads turning back, the Soviet sniper and DP-28 gunner, etc) looks a bit too, well animated.

Are/can the characters be that animated?

Upvote 0
Just saying: Why are you guys bickering about what guns get used in screen shots? It's kinda stupid. MKB42 was announced last year, and you guys still don't like it?

It's not about liking it or not it's about the fact that there isn't currently any credible evidence that the weapon was at the battle of Stalingrad. There is however a document that suggests there were some MG42s at the battle, albeit very little compared to the MG34.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate to be "that" guy, but Realism ≠ Fun. Leave the Mkb alone, sure it may not have been there, but it looks cool. Besides, the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

*Caution, strong language*
YouTube - The Absence of Evidence is not the Evidence of Absence!

edit: btw, thanks for your thanks, i'm just surprised the pic was new and that no one made an earlier post about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's a million other images like this (and a lot of them are much better). I have to say mine one came out rather well for how quickly I rushed it (though after looking at that face for so long I've noticed a few similarities to my Father's face. It's eerie).

it looks splendid. most other images of those type use direct copy and pasted heads and also use mundane source material.

golfer pic isn't even that funny.

Upvote 0