• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with ArmA II custom missions, im looking for decent single player and co-op missions to play there are so many on Armaholic its hard work looking through them all.

Could someone recomend me some good custom single player missions?

Lookin good I luved A.C.E for arma, it was the only reason I bothered with arma in the end up, although ther were loads of good mods for the first one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wow man, that game is amazing!
seriously, thanks Kettch!

performance is GREAT!
running everything med-high with no issues, frames around 40-45
and that on a 2 year old rig (athlon X2 5200+, 8800GT, 4gb ram)

the only issue so far was that the shooting range was a bit strange on the aircraft carrier
i just couldnt do the extreme level, but easily handled the psycho setting :p

oh and all that bloom is giving me headaches and makes my eyes hurt, as i constantly try to focus
even on low :rolleyes:

seriously, bloom is way too overused :D

Upvote 0
I was wondering if anyone can help me out with ArmA II custom missions, im looking for decent single player and co-op missions to play there are so many on Armaholic its hard work looking through them all.

Lookin good I luved A.C.E for arma, it was the only reason I bothered with arma in the end up, although ther were loads of good mods for the first one.

try behind enemy lines
very great sp mission

Upvote 0

I agree with husbert about Behind Enemy Lines, excellent tension non-stop, the necessity to keep moving all the time, brill.

I also enjoyed Whiskey-Whiskey immensely. Wasn't very long or hard, played it through with no reloads and on the first attempt, but I liked that things are not waiting for you, so you have to think and plan out your actions.

Gatekeeper by JDog was also excellent, albeit I played an older version and the missile script somewhere half through the mission didn't work as it was supposed to, I reckon. Had to blow **** up myself. Oh, this one requires the Black Ops and Mercs add-on.

A Different Kind of War was also quite fun. The heli at the airport has invulnerable passengers, though, so don't bother shooting it down (hard to do anyway). There's also part 2, on Utes, haven't tried that yet.

Operation Sabre was also fun, but with no medic on the team, might be demanding. It tends to be randomish, depending on how well your support fares. This guy's other missions also seem worth trying.

Upvote 0
It seems that the biggest bottleneck for arma, is the rate at which hard disks are able to do random I/O's. SSD's significantly increase performance and ramdisk's even more.

Apparently arma 2 can reach up to 1000 random IOPS a second while a standard hard disk can achieve in the order of 40-60 iops, a ssd can reach in the 200's and a ramdisk can reach up to 17000k.

Upvote 0
i know, but turning it off completly lets it look arse (well the vegetation :p )
anyways, that was 4am yesterday when my eyes hurt so much
maybe today with refreshened eyes its better
i also got headaches from playing CoJ:BiB thought

hmm maybe my raid0 setup helps with the performance if you say that its so harddisc relieant

anyways, campaign is one of the most immersive i have played till now, allthought i didnt even finish mission one yet
(i wanted to satchel the radio station, but later realised i havnt got any satchels o_O )

Last edited:
Upvote 0