• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Serious concern German and Russian accents

Nar6

Grizzled Veteran
May 1, 2010
France
In RO2, we will hear our allies speak our native language, but with the accent of the team we are playing for, right?

Reason according to TWI : if you are playing with your team, you should be able to understand everything your teammates say.
I can understand that.
Also, in the case we cannot choose between native language and german/russian, i want to underline something very important in terms of immersion.

This problem is... THE ACCENT.

Example : French and playing the axe, i will hear my teammates speaking french but with a german/russian accent.

If I really want to feel i'm fighting for one side, i should only hear my teammates speaking my Native language without any accents ! Just my Language as it is !

The other problem is that accents will probably just look really weird !

So please TWI, avoid to implement accents in recordings !

(Is it possible to make a poll for it?)

PS : I made a mistake in the title and forgot the word 'about' between 'concern' and 'german'. I'm sorry for that

Last edited:
I just want Germans to speak German and the Russians to speak Russian but with subtitle and the ability to just set it all to English (or french) if I want.

Battlefield 2 had that. I don't remember if Ro1 was like that didn't play enough.

Also why does the spelling check wants me to put a capital letter to English,Russians and German but not french lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a question, since I don't live in Russia but can understand the language very well, will it be possible to select the language the Germans/Russians will be speaking from within the game?
Or ill have to redownload sound packs and make the entire game in Russian in order to hear the Russian language?

Upvote 0
I just want Germans to speak German and the Russians to speak Russian but with subtitle and the ability to just set it all to English (or french) if I want.

Battlefield 2 had that. I don't remember if Ro1 was like that didn't play enough.

Also why does the spelling check wants me to put a capital letter to English,Russians and German but not french lol
The main problem is that they recorded like 3000 lines of battle chatter and you hear them everytime and not only when someone uses the voice commands. If every line had subtitles you'd get spammed really bad. They will probably make the native voices optional on future updates though, but no subtitles.

Upvote 0
OP has a very good point. Hate to hear English with Russian accent. It just sounds funny. Doesn't exactly fit into this game.
Hopefully the Russian localization will have decent fonts and menus, and I'll be able use the localized version instead. If not - I really hope TWI will add in an option to play with Native voices.

I'd rather hear that than some Californian accent lol.

Upvote 0
Every two days (or less) some1 starts a new "concerns" thread. >.<
Even if you rage for a just cause like more videos, or beta.. it wont change anything, too. ;)

I am not raging at all, but the release date is coming fast and this single 'feature' could really makes the game losing immersion, which i do not want.

You don't seem to know how bad are often french recordings. I can't even imagin french recordings with german/russian accents..

I'm talking about French language, but it will probably be the same for other languages.

I hope I am wrong but i still feel concerned about it.

Just so you know, I will buy RO2 anyway ;)

Upvote 0
I am not raging at all, but the release date is coming fast and this single 'feature' could really makes the game losing immersion, which i do not want.

You don't seem to know how bad are often french recordings. I can't even imagin french recordings with german/russian accents..

I'm talking about French language, but it will probably be the same for other languages.

I hope I am wrong but i still feel concerned about it.

Just so you know, I will buy RO2 anyway ;)

I understand ur.. concern a bit more now but im afraid its too late to change things. I just find such threads amusing for that reason + just have some faith. :D

Cant you just.. download the english version if the french one sucks? :p
If non english, german & russian voices are being recorded by random publishers, i'd DL the eng version just cuz I trust TWI's voices to be more immersive, accent or not.

Upvote 0