• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I really hate fake Heroes

NICK ALTMAN

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Split, Croatia
Well since the stats reset I saw about 5-6 guys level around 90 that are heroes. They just remained with their false pre-reset stats and are using all the perks not wanting to reset manually. It really annoyes me. They should do the right thing and reset thier stats manually and progress slowly like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgtlongbow
I am currently lvl 73, all legitimately earned post-reset. Although after the double-xp effect has stopped my progress is going forward at a considerable slower speed and I expect I won't reach hero levels in another week or so.

But I have no doubt that there are a lot of players out there who has played more than me, and who would have achieved hero level already during the double-xp period.

Upvote 0
No doubt that there are still some people with messed up stats. But it becomes harder and harder to see who legitimitely earned it and the people that just refused to reset their stats manually.

In the end there will always be the annoyance of people that just have better or more equipment than you, simply because they either have more time to spend or found a faster(which sometimes equals cheating) method of leveling up.
Unfortunately that's the downside if you implement an unlocks system. So the only thing you can do, is do your best to equal the odds in a legit way.

Upvote 0
Maybe people bought this game to play it, instead of caring about stats or rank. If you purchase a game simply to play it, and want to enjoy what is in it, but don't want to make it feel like work and leveling up...why would you reset stats?

Your the kind of guy that hates the guy next door because he won a million dollars instead of being happy for him.

Upvote 0
I have no qualms about levelling up on bot servers if that is what it takes so I can have a 71 round drum for the PPSh41 and the 250 round belt for the MG 34 as they are the only 'upgrades' I am interested in.
I hate the bloody level system and I would prefer that it was for 'relaxed realism' only and that in the 'hardcore realism' we could choose the setups for our gear and guns as we like.

I don't want to be a frakking Hero - I want to be the villain who shoots wounded prisoners and eat babies so now that we have the 'Hero' levels I want 'Villain' levels too....

Reactions: Goten
Upvote 0
I managed to get MGer hero and lvl 83 right before double class exp ended. Then the slight honor nerf patch put me down to 73 and now I'm back up at 83 with MGer/Commander hero. I'm getting close to SL hero now too. Nothing levels faster than commander though in my experience, you can pull in ~500 points in a good 2 round match on 64 man servers mostly from all the arty kills giving you +6 per kill, its easy to get 50+ kills that way which is 300 points + whatever you get from kills with your gun/point caps.

Upvote 0
I managed to get MGer hero and lvl 83 right before double class exp ended. Then the slight honor nerf patch put me down to 73 and now I'm back up at 83 with MGer/Commander hero. I'm getting close to SL hero now too. Nothing levels faster than commander though in my experience, you can pull in ~500 points in a good 2 round match on 64 man servers mostly from all the arty kills giving you +6 per kill, its easy to get 50+ kills that way which is 300 points + whatever you get from kills with your gun/point caps.

Just because I'm curious, how many hours of RO2 playtime does steam say you have? :p

Upvote 0
Once again I say: So much for unlocks and leveling taking a long time, like TW said.

I think that leveling on bots is just sad, and if possible they should not only remove the ability to gain experience from bots, they should also revert any xp earned from killing them.(I'm sorry that those who only botfarmed in order to compete in clan wars would also be affected by this, and I hope that TWI compensates you by allowing a server setup where people can use all or some unlocks even if they don't have the required level)
I don't botfarm but there have been situations where I was playing with players and the occasional bot to compensate for the server not being fully filled, so most normal players would experience a minor drop in honour while the abusers will get a much larger number of honour lost.

Also according to my own observations only players that do really good earn over 250+ points in a match. The average player only manages to earn about 60 to 110 points or so. Thus I believe that leveling will still take a substancial time. If TWI were increasing the needed amount of experience to unlock new stuff it would probably make people complain even more about issues with people having a much higher level than them.

The stats system was just implemented poorly with a lot of bugs and the only way that they can fix this feeling of inequality is by being equally harsh versus everyone is by solving the damage that the bugs have been doing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Once again I say: So much for unlocks and leveling taking a long time, like TW said.

True, but they have shown a willingness to change the experience levels needed to achieve a certain level when called for.

What would be really useful is if they automatically tweaked the needed XP points so that at no time the number of heroes exceeds 1% of people playing, etc.

This would make it tricky for beginners to catch up with seasoned players, but it would avoid the opposite which I see coming in the near future where like 75% of a server are heroes...

Upvote 0