• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What's with the "kill notification" sound??

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
Alright I wasn't sure if I was really hearing this or not at first but there is a definite sound when you hit someone, a sort of "crunch" sound. I was saddened to see this was on in a realism server as well. This is really lame IMO, and should definitely be disabled in realism mode.

EDIT: Actually I believe it happens when you hit someone at all, not just when you kill them.

Last edited:
Reactions: SiC-Disaster
I've noticed that when bullets land there's a definite sound to be heard. To me it sounds like ripping canvas or something. I haven't noticed anything when someone actually dies, though, and I'd like to say I'm a huge audio-based player.

As a side note I love hearing the bullets go through a helmet! I don't care if that is exaggerated or not because it's so satisfying :D

Upvote 0
I heard a metal cracking sound when I shot a guy in the head.

To be honest people, I think TWI is playing with our heads. I mean come on, we constantly complain about CoD on the forums, suddenly we find CoD related stuff in-game (No sway, 100% Accuracy, killing people at 200 meters with an SMG, hit sounds when someone is shot)

Yoshi kinda mentioned this kind of stuff a couple weeks before beta release.

I think the Sept 13 release is gonna be a whole new world than the beta.

Reactions: SiFi
Upvote 0
At first reading this I was like "haven't heard a damn thing" but when someone said canvas ripping it kind of touched something off. I'll have to listen more closely.

If it's true....it's a matter of bad audio IMO, not consolization. Bullets make sounds when they tear through people, so there's something to be heard. You just shouldn't be hearing it at 50 or more meters away.

Reactions: Overtype and Makino
Upvote 0
At first reading this I was like "haven't heard a damn thing" but when someone said canvas ripping it kind of touched something off. I'll have to listen more closely.

If it's true....it's a matter of bad audio IMO, not consolization. Bullets make sounds when they tear through people, so there's something to be heard. You just shouldn't be hearing it at 50 or more meters away.

Well that's the issue. I started noticing it only after a bunch of longer range shots (100 meters plus) and I heard that sound every time.

Upvote 0
I heard a metal cracking sound when I shot a guy in the head.

To be honest people, I think TWI is playing with our heads. I mean come on, we constantly complain about CoD on the forums, suddenly we find CoD related stuff in-game (No sway, 100% Accuracy, killing people at 200 meters with an SMG, hit sounds when someone is shot)

Yoshi kinda mentioned this kind of stuff a couple weeks before beta release.

I think the Sept 13 release is gonna be a whole new world than the beta.

What? :confused:

Upvote 0