• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Killing Floor Demensions?

CrazyJay

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Hello, does anyone have a list of demensions for doorways, ceiling height, wall thickness, etc. etc.??

Also, how do I substract a doorway with out making a room connected to it. ( I would like to put two rooms side by side, with a doorway connecting them, but I dont want the second room to cut out the wall when I subtract it)

mmmm hard to say there is no exact thing set.. matter of style, theme, etc.

lets say for kf-bioticlabs

the hallway height is about 192.. 256 if you count the indent on the ceiling for the lights. the width is 256.

the doors are 92 i think and 64 wide. 128 for double doors.

wall thickness for the offices and doorways are 8

you can just look at other maps and measure them yourself if you want.

here's how->

in any of the top, side, front viewports. move your mouse curser to the start of your desired measurement. then press and hold shift and press and hold the middle mouse button then move the mouse curser to the end of the measurement you want to take.
a red line with numbers will apear. that'll be the measurement of that area in unrealed units.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also, how do I substract a doorway with out making a room connected to it. ( I would like to put two rooms side by side, with a doorway connecting them, but I dont want the second room to cut out the wall when I subtract it)
Okay, I can only guess what you're trying to ask ...
So you want a doorway that looks like wall ?

If this is what you want, just subtract the doorway as usual and place a sheet of the same dimension as your door infront of it,
so it's completly covered. If you set your sheet to non-solid, players can walk through this 'wall' into the next room.

Upvote 0
No im sorry, skip that question. I thought long and hard at school on how to cut a doorway and when I got home, it turns out to be the correct way.
-----------------------
I have two rooms side by side. There is a 8 unit gap between them b/c all the walls on the maps are 8 units thick.

I make a third brush 8 units thick, 176 tall, 104 wide. This is my doorway(hole).

When I subtract it, I should have a doorway! :D so happy right now.
----------------------
I know that sounds pathetic, but to me this kinda hard b/c im so new to it. BUT this isnt the first time I tried mapping.

My first mapping tool I used was for CoD:WaW 3 years ago. It was called Radient mapping tool.

Upvote 0
Its very intimidating at first, I tried reading a few guides that just didn't cut it, in the end I used these video tutorials and they were fantastic:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=540774&postcount=6

P.S. Personally I make my wall thicknesses 16 most of the time. Light in the engine can leak from one room to another and the thicker the wall the less the bleed. Not that 8 won't work...

Upvote 0