• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Afew ideas for possible improvements Weapon-wise (authenticity and realism in mind)

Grajao

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 21, 2010
Well, I know most of this has been covered before but I feel like it should be re-stated and with the addition of my own personal suggestions.

Starting of with the M14 EBR. We all know the in game m14 ebr is not the standard issued weapon to the US armed forces but rather a SS or solid stock version, but as you can see below the foward grip and rail integrated system does not authentically resemble the real weapon.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/media/ca...20e43594a9c230972d/A/R/ARES-AEG-37_1_mark.jpg
ARES airsoft replica of the M14 EBR SS

http://www.vossey.com/news/Support-logistique-Killing-Floor-pour-demain----i15900.htm
Killing Floor's M14 EBR along with other weapons (scroll down)

It's no big deal, but it does bother me for I am keen of authenticity when portraying real life weapons in games, I believe that is the point of having them there in the first place right?

And Secondly, as stated many times the EBR's Ironsights are a hassle, I can't complain too much about them but considering the price tag on the gun and its tier, this weapon well deserves a scope, an Trijicon ACOG scope would be ideal or to avoid the hassle of making new models and skins, port either the EOtech (from the bullpup) or the AIMPOINT (from the SCAR) both would suit the weapon perfectly regarding its role, I had mentioned the ACOG because it would force the player to go back to the laser tag (which can easily be said is a currently useless weapon ability) to kill zeds up close, and use a magnified scope for long range kills, this would emphasize the skill needed to become a sharpshooter in killing floor, especially with the most high-end weapon. Oh and finally, the laser seems to just come out of nowhere from the gun, it would be interesting to have a laser tag, or even better a PEQ 2 on the gun it would fit in just nicely. (And to those who complain it might take too much space, this weapon has RIS on the top, bottom, left and right so dev team can figure out the best place to place it).

And one final request (I mean suggestion), there is a pistol with a flashlight, shotgun with one too, but no rifle/submachine gun with one. I believe for the commando class, there should be a early tier weapon with one, and I deep heartedly feel the bullpup is not achieving its full potential in the game, so with this in mind I came up with an idea. If you guys decide to add a new set of weapons to the game, the MP5 with the Foregrip flashlight should be added. The MP5 is an extremely popular weapon with law enforcement especially in the UK, so if a zombie outbreak does take place, it would be the most commonly seen automatic weapon without a doubt. So like the m9 and pump action shotgun being tier 1 weapons with flashlights, the mp5 being a 9mm weapon should take its place beside them and the bullpup be upgraded (stat wise) to become a more commonly seen weapon to fullfill a role of a automatic weapon with a larger mag. Due to the design of the weapon itself, the L22A1 should be a heavy puncher due to its ability to engage targets at long range with remarkable accuracy considering its length, due to its barrel length, the rounds have a high velocity when exiting the barrel therefore being a deadly weapon, not a spray to kill weapon portrayed in the game. This does sound quite reasonable to a weapon that is used by the SAS and carries the most High-end scope in the game.

http://www.spareammo.com/heckler-an...un-with-surefire-flashlight-and-eotech-sight/
MP5 with Surefire Flashlight and an EOtech sight.

Once again these are my opinions and suggestions, and besides all that is mentioned above... killing floor is an outstanding game which I cannot drop.

Any more ideas and suggestions about the weapons in game or ideas I stated, please comment below

Reactions: Eureka
Does anyone even use single-shot for the Bullpup?
Sure do. Spraying with BP is even less effective than MP7M.
Even though I'd appreciate a slight buff for the Bullpup, I'm afraid this would end in just another Buff/Nerf war.
The difference between AK47 and SCAR is neglectable,
whereas Bullpup seems obselete due to its ridiculously low base damage and high spread.

Upvote 0
Sure do. Spraying with BP is even less effective than MP7M.
Even though I'd appreciate a slight buff for the Bullpup, I'm afraid this would end in just another Buff/Nerf war.
The difference between AK47 and SCAR is neglectable,
whereas Bullpup seems obselete due to its ridiculously low base damage and high spread.

Even with the AK added, I preferred Bullpup to it because at high levels it's as accurate in bursts as the Scar is in single-shot, even at long range. That's why I questioned whether anyone uses single-shot with the thing, not because of it's low damage, but because it's laser-gun accurate even when burst-firing. Add that to the nonexistent recoil and it's a veritable full-auto sniping weapon.

Upvote 0
What are you talking about. The bullpup is a freaking laser rifle. With headshots being so amazing the only reason to choose the AK is for scrakes and FPs, which are not the commando's forte in dealing with anyway.

I never use the flashlight on any of the weapons anyway, but the bullpup definitely doesn't need one as the commando seeing health bars works even better than a flashlight.

a lot other perks tend to use [the bullpup]
I never have seen this. Medic already has mp7, Berserkers generally use the LAR, and all other perks already have superior ranged weapons.

Upvote 0
I'd rather add the flashlight on the AK47 rather than the Bullpup (as i think Bullpup + SCAR is the superior combo), which would be an extremely tiny buff for the AK47, which it could need.

(However, if an MP5 of any sort is ever added, i'd rather have the Flashlight on the MP5 ofc)

Upvote 0
I also prefer the Bullpup/SCAR loadout, as opposed to the AK47/SCAR combination. The Bullpup is ideal for all the lesser zeds, the Commando's daily bread, regardless of difficulty. And, the huge quantity of ammunition is always a plus. However, it *isn't* so huge that using the Bullpup in semiautomatic mode is ever a bad idea for things like clots and crawlers.

I'm fine about hanging a flashlight on it. It certainly is true it wouldn't be much help to the Commando, but I can see certain circumstances where, due to his/her ability to "see" the zeds in poor light, the Commando could, with sound judgment, use it to illuminate incoming zeds for everyone else. (Most notably, the Sharpshooter.) I do this with the pump shotgun while playing Support on KF-Farm, for example.

Also, the Bullpup is cheap enough to re-buy as a Commando, that it's a great weapon to toss to a new player who couldn't make it to the trader. If that player isn't using the Comm perk, the flashlight would certainly be a plus. Actually, I'd prefer if everyone had a helmet or shoulder-mounted flashlight,

Upvote 0
I'd rather add the flashlight on the AK47 rather than the Bullpup (as i think Bullpup + SCAR is the superior combo), which would be an extremely tiny buff for the AK47, which it could need.
I'd rather a knife on the end of the Ak47, to stab specimens with. I thought AK47's actually had knives on the end anyway :F

Also I always use the Bullpup on Semi Automatic. It's practically a head shooting sniper rifle with plenty of ammo and accuracy (At Semi-Automatic.)

Upvote 0
I'd rather a knife on the end of the Ak47, to stab specimens with. I thought AK47's actually had knives on the end anyway :F

Also I always use the Bullpup on Semi Automatic. It's practically a head shooting sniper rifle with plenty of ammo and accuracy (At Semi-Automatic.)

The term is bayonet, and yes, they have them.

ak47bayonet.gif

Upvote 0
Regarding realism, it seems pretty obvious that the Bullpup is lacking in that regard. This is supposed to be a weapon firing the 5.56mm NATO round, but it doesn't hit nearly that hard, and the empty casings that are ejected are clearly pistol-class.

The pistol casings are annoying, but I disagree with the 5.56 assessment. The standard 55 grain military ball round is pretty lacking, and I have seen people in Iraq take multiple rounds.

The 77 grain in 5.56 is supposedly a lot better, and a friend of mine who did multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan mentions that it does seem much more effective.

Upvote 0
LoL Dead Rising.

Tho I find the durability of melee weapons in that game quite puzzling...

On Topic: M14 with a scope has been suggested a million times, maybe after ROHoS we might see a change like this if it is needed, but until we may be waiting a while :)

Commando doesn't need a flashlight, thats the beauty of being a Commando :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The pistol casings are annoying, but I disagree with the 5.56 assessment. The standard 55 grain military ball round is pretty lacking, and I have seen people in Iraq take multiple rounds.

The 77 grain in 5.56 is supposedly a lot better, and a friend of mine who did multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan mentions that it does seem much more effective.

I completely respect your experience, and I can't disagree with your Real World

Upvote 0
Jesus you guys. KF firearms != real life firearms. No one except other gun nerds actually cares whether or not the bullpup is perfectly true to the weapon it's modeled after.

With regard to firearms, trust me, we "gun nerds" would be the last group to confuse KF and reality. I would direct your attention to the title of this thread that states, in part, "authenticity and realism in mind."

Upvote 0