• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Need something simple to record audiosurf vids

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
I want something to record a couple audiosurf vids... my friend wrote a couple songs and I wanna surprise him and play them on it and then post em on youtube and send him the links :).

I tried Fraps but it doesn't seem to pick up the sound... plus it recorded in super high quality (i.e. HUGEEEE file) and I dunno how to make it record in lesser quality.

Obviously the program needs to record the sound too.

Audiosurf in case you don't know what it is:

YouTube - Song 2 - Blur - Audiosurf

Last edited:
You'll want to select Stereo Mix or What U Hear in the audio options. If that fails then try selecting the same in the recording devices in the Windows control panel instead of the microphone. If it still records just from the microphone then try temporarily disabling the microphone. Trial and error I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
Use Fraps, just make sure to go into audio settings and change the audio input to 'what you hear' I think that's how they term it. It should work fine then.

You can also set it to record the video at 320x240 or something small so that the file isn't so huge but it is just a raw file and you do need to compress it. Personally I always used Fraps and 640x480 to record and then Virtualdub to compress the file before upping it to youtube. DivX usually works pretty well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0