• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Prone rolling?

wahoo4

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
NE, USA
I've seen someone else bring this up rolling, but I thought it would be cool if TWI could change the lean buttons to rolling when you are prone. I see in RO1 that you are very vulnerable to the bayonet when prone. If you could hit the lean button once to roll on your back, to avoid the bayonet strike or shoot the enemy it would be a nice feature. Then you would have to roll again to get up. Not sure how it would work with all your gear on but it seems possible. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
In RO you might eventually "outroll" a rifleman shooting at you.

This gave me the stupidest mental image of someone rolling in a circle around a rifleman trying to work the bolt and shoot :p

In most of the games that I have played with rolling it has annoyed me, mostly because I just want to peek around a corner to check if its clear and I end up in the middle of a road with an enemy mg looking at me :(

Upvote 0
I updated my previous post with some experiences of mine.
It's a lot faster to just make a quick dash while lying on your belly than to roll. Trust me.
Thing is, modern soldiers (especially when not only using combat gear) carry way more stuff than your typical WW2 German soldier.

Look at photos of German soldiers (in combat), you'll notice that in most cases they're not carrying a lot of stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thing is, modern soldiers (especially when not only using combat gear) carry way more stuff than your typical WW2 German soldier.

Look at photos of German soldiers (in combat), you'll notice that in most cases they're not carrying a lot of stuff.

I'm looking at the rohos pics of german soldiers, and most of them have stuff on their back. Even the smallest piece of equipment there slows down rolling immensely.

Upvote 0