• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk Weapons First?

I'm not too sure if anyone else gets this problem, but it always happens to me.

I will be playing as a Medic on a Friendly Fire server, and usually, I carry around a Double Barrel with me alongside my MP7M. When I see someone that's hurt, I've played as a Medic for so long, my natural instinct is to hit the 4 key to pull out me MP7M, then Alt-Fire for a Medical Dart.

The problem here is that, even as a Medic, the 4 key pulls out a Double Barrel first, and then I hit the Alt-Fire, which shoots both barrels. Needless to say, the person I'm trying to heal after that isn't too happy that I just killed him.

So, the only change I want is pretty small. I want the weapons your perk uses to be the first ones pulled out when a key is hit.

Example: MP7M and Hunting Shotgun. Pull out the MP7M first.
Example: AK47 and LAR. Pull out the LAR first as an Sharpshooter, or the AK47 as a Commando.

I totally blew milk out of my nose at the image of you going to heal someone and double barrelling them instead. My mental construction of that scene is priceless xD

Suppose thats what I get for eating cereal in the afternoon. But aye, quality suggestion +1 :)

Oh yeah, it's still pretty funny. Especially when I'm right beside them, and the corpse just goes flying off somewhere.

Upvote 0
I would suggest to do same thing as u can do with MP& and Xbow. For example if u press once 4 u get MP&, 2nd time u get Xbow, but if u drop MP7 and pick it up the order changes, after that when u press 4 u get as first weapon an Xbow and as 2nd one MP7.

It should be like that imo, that weapon u get as 2nd (buy it/pick up) goes to duble click of 4 (or 3,2 and 1).

So what i wanna to say is: if u have 2 weapons on same key (for example 4) u drop the first one and than the secound one (the one that needed 2 clicks) switches to be 1st and picked one goes to 2nd slot.

Dont know if anybody understands what i mean couse my english i so terrible, that sometimes even i, myself dont understand what i wanted to say :p

Upvote 0
I would suggest to do same thing as u can do with MP& and Xbow. For example if u press once 4 u get MP&, 2nd time u get Xbow, but if u drop MP7 and pick it up the order changes, after that when u press 4 u get as first weapon an Xbow and as 2nd one MP7.

It should be like that imo, that weapon u get as 2nd (buy it/pick up) goes to duble click of 4 (or 3,2 and 1).

So what i wanna to say is: if u have 2 weapons on same key (for example 4) u drop the first one and than the secound one (the one that needed 2 clicks) switches to be 1st and picked one goes to 2nd slot.

Dont know if anybody understands what i mean couse my english i so terrible, that sometimes even i, myself dont understand what i wanted to say :p

For that to work, ammo for a weapon would need to be tethered to the individual using the weapon in question. It's not a bad idea, but ammo/weapon pickup would need to be fixed 1st for it to work.

Upvote 0
Imo best solution is allowing players to configure weapon priority list (individual for each perk) with possibility to move weapons between slots. For example, if player wants, he could move Xbow to slot 3 when playing medic, move MP7M to slot 3 when playing sharpie, or even move Hand Cannon to an empty slot 3 while holding HC+Xbow (for easy switching between pistols).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Or do it as it is in Counter-Strike. for example take out weapon from key "4" i click 4 than accept the choice with left mouse button, to take weapon on 2nd slot form "4" u press fast 2x4 and accept with left moue button. It would be much more faster than for example when u run with dual hand cannons click once "2" (animation of taking dual HC's), press secound time "2" (one HC) press 3r time "2" and u get 9mm, its bothering if u use whole ammo in HC's and must wait so long to take out 9mm.

Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
I totally blew milk out of my nose at the image of you going to heal someone and double barrelling them instead. My mental construction of that scene is priceless xD

lol true, except for the part of eating milk 'couse I'm at work xD

One suggestion I can give (playing only as medic almost) is to learn the use of "Last Weapon" button, very effective in this case^^

Upvote 0
Like the Idea.

I usually put the tools to button 6, and put 5 to a key binding named "switch best weapon" instead. and I use "switch to previous weapon" on my shift button.

so when I hold a medic gun and switch to knife. I could either click 5 for my best weapon (hunting shotty or crossbow) or my medgun on the shift button.

but again this doesn't help if I change to knife and then to 9mm. then I have to click 4 two times anyways :/

Upvote 0
I definitely agree with the idea that something needs to be done (maybe in a sequel) about the weapon swap keys. I don't play on many friendly fire servers, but almost every time I do, I get blasted in the face by a medic with a hunting shotty. There are plenty of unused numbers on the key board at the moment. My only suggestion would be to have a number correspond to a class of weapon, not a tier. Like how 1 and 2 are right now for melee and pistols, but with the pistols could go the rest of the sharpy weapons. 3 could be for all assault rifles, 4 for all shottys, 6 for all demo, 7 for fire bug, and that leaves 8 for the medic. I realize that the farther numbers away from the movement keys become harder to hit in a hurry, so 8 for medic gun is kinda a bad idea, but you get my point I hope. if you have multiple weapons of the same type, the key will cycle through them, if you're using one type of weapon, and switch to a different type it will default pull out the highest tier weapon you have of that new type when you press it's number.

I personally never have this issue because I usually role as a support with pump shotty and aa12 (so buttons 3 and 4, no confusion), a commando with just a scar, or a sharpy with cross bow and handcannon (2 and 4, again, not easily screwed up). But the crew I play with do have these issues all the time. In later waves nearly every one of them has everything they use on the 4 key and forced to cycle through them. In the heat of things it can get difficult.

I do realize I'm getting a bit off subject and this was specifically a thread about prioritizing perk related weapons, so sorry about that.

Upvote 0