• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
people must be used to living in the city. a typical night without city lights is quite dark.

i love these kinds of discussions. the realism-freak facade quickly breaks down when people realise they might not actually like it if it's done properly.

yep, keep asking for night maps that are actually day maps with a blue filter.

What, do you where shades at night? :p

I live in the countryside and sure, there are nights where its dark. However, there are plenty of clear nights where the moonlight shines bright enough for a fight. It'll just be more difficult to tell friend from foe.

I don't really see an official map being made like this, but with the SDK being released with the game, I'm sure we might see a custom night map or two.

Upvote 0
The other thing about night is that light scattering tends to be alot more noticable, have a large floodlight pointed forward won't just light up the cone its pointed at but also a fair ways away from the cone (just not as much).

a good place to notice this is if you can find an unused sports field outside a city alot of times they will leave 1-2 of the lights on (to try and avoid illegal happenings) those 1-2 lights will normally keep most of the surronding area pretty well lit.

Upvote 0
people must be used to living in the city. a typical night without city lights is quite dark.

i love these kinds of discussions. the realism-freak facade quickly breaks down when people realise they might not actually like it if it's done properly.

yep, keep asking for night maps that are actually day maps with a blue filter.
It depends upon the night. Nobody is more rural than I....;)

On some moonless cloud covered nights you can't see your hand in front of your face. On some crystal clear nights with a full moon we have to draw the blinds so we can go to sleep.

I always get a kick when my big city friends come to visit. The most common comments I hear when sitting on the porch are:

In the spring, "Wow. I didn't realize it was so noisy in the country." The bullfrogs, cicadas, crickets and/or birds all siging their evening good nite.

"Wow, its really dark."
"Wow, its really bright tonight. And look at the size of that moon." (the moon is the same size its always been.....

"Wow, I didn't realize that there were so many stars in the sky".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1216185265.jpg
(blue filter ftw :troll:)
28612_hells_highway_danger_HD_medium.jpg

Dude Brozex, what game is that?!

Upvote 0