• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Grenade alteration/"spawning" question

ToiletDuckie

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2006
Ok, without going into too many details about my super-secret aryan super soldier weapons upgrade plan, I have a quick coding question. Well, two, I guess.

1) How do you make a static mesh's collision detection turn on?

EDIT: Figured this out somewhat. Grenades/Satchels have a collision radius/height.. which is ok, I suppose, but not what I'm looking for.

Here's an "extreme" example. Say that when you tossed a grenade, the actual grenade projectil was, oh, a Tiger I. Is there a way to use the tank's collision detection so that it will recognize a vehicle-shaped object flying through the air, or is it just the nature of anything being used as a grenade projectile to have a mysterious cylindrical collision zone?

Also of interest here: Say you were willing to accept a cylindrical collision zone to save time and effort. Is there a way to add physics/karma or whatever to the projectile? As in, should you toss a F1 and hit someone, that it would hurt them? The grenade bonking them, I mean. Or, back to the extreme example, could you make it where your Tiger I floating through the air would squash whatever it landed on?

2)Is there a way to add new functionality to a grenade? Such as, when it detonates, an object is spawned? I haven't looked into this thoroughly yet, but I'm curious. Obviously, the damage radius has to "spawn", so I'm wondering if other things could be produced.

Edit: still no luck here.

Last edited:
aslo dont forget that super human aryan nordic super soldiers can take multiple hits from HE shells and not blow up.

Already implemented, to an extent. If I assume tank shell damage values are directly corrolated to infantry bullet damage (i.e. a tank shell with a stated 400 damage does 4 times the damage of a rifle bullet rated at 100), then the aryan super soldier can take one or two direct HE shell hits without falling.

Of course, any more survivability than that and we'd just be being silly.

Upvote 0
also will the super soldier be able to take out tanks with his melee? Everyone knows super aryan soldiers can use there super human strength to blow take up by hitting it with there butt stocks.

This will be attempted. However, I'm fairly certain that its hard coded that meelee attacks won't hurt them. I could possibly make a "new" damage type, that is in effect melee all over again. We'll see.

Of course, in a perfect world, the aryan super soldier would be provided with three (3) Tiger Bombs with which to defeat enemy personnel and vehicles. That's also a work in progress (cough)

Upvote 0
One more thing you cant forget, will the soldiers be able to deflect AP tank shells? The super soldiers had level 150 uniforms that could defeat almost any calibre of AP shell.

I just want to make sure you make this mod as historically accurate as possible, you know, we wouldnt want to distort the truth.

Upvote 0
Yea Moz, I've already tried making a luger "fire" artillery where you point it. Instead, it spawns the blast at the end of the gun, and since it's technically not a "projectile" in the strictest sense, it just blows up in your face.

That being said, making the melee attack have an artillery explosion effect and (possibly) some light explosive damage, say enough to kill a normal man but not an ARYAN SUPER SOLDIER, would be interesting.

We'll see how it all works out. Thus far, many, many ideas have fallen by the wayside due to my lack of knowledge.

Upvote 0