• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Improvements that would safe lots of nerves for players.

sverek

Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2009
1) Give Pipe Bombs more HP. It's just laughable how they cost so much and single siren or pat's missile that hit corner of the room blowing up ALL pipe bombs that were spread randomly in HUGE room. I don't care about tactics and that demoman should carefully use his pipebombs. If he want to spam it, it's his choice, but don't make it so punishable at least for patriarch. Not like it gonna be easy win anyway, but will safe lots of nerves for Demolition (compare berserkers easily cutting patriarch, YouTube - How to beat the patriarch on Hell on Earth difficulty)

2) FIX picking 2nd pistol causing losing all ammo. This is really annoying. I had 2 Handcannons, 1 dropped empty one, picked full one and accidently picked empty one again. Guess what, all ammo gone.
OR
Just give ability to players, not being able to pick up 2nd pistol or just sell them separately. Would safe lots of nerves for whole community.

3) Headshots timings. Isn't it really annoying when you trying to snipe scrake, but some shots won't register as headshots? Annoying I say, don't think it really safes any skills, but yelling and raging at teammates for shooting scrake during headshoting it.

P.S I don't care if it was suggested before or reported as a bug. Annoying is annoying.

Last edited:
1) Give Pipe Bombs more HP. It's just laughable how they cost so much and single siren or pat's missile that hit corner of the room blowing up ALL pipe bombs that were spread randomly in HUGE room. I don't care about tactics and that demoman should carefully use his pipebombs. If he want to spam it, it's his choice, but don't make it so punishable at least for patriarch. Not like it gonna be easy win anyway, but will safe lots of nerves for Demolition (compare berserkers easily cutting patriarch, YouTube - How to beat the patriarch on Hell on Earth difficulty)

2) FIX picking 2nd pistol causing losing all ammo. This is really annoying. I had 2 Handcannons, 1 dropped empty one, picked full one and accidently picked empty one again. Guess what, all ammo gone.
OR
Just give ability to players, not being able to pick up 2nd pistol or just sell them separately. Would safe lots of nerves for whole community.

3) Headshots timings. Isn't it really annoying when you trying to snipe scrake, but some shots won't register as headshots? Annoying I say, don't think it really safes any skills, but yelling and raging at teammates for shooting scrake during headshoting it.

P.S I don't care if it was suggested before or reported as a bug. Annoying is annoying.

Please, TWI, take all that to heart what he says, it's all true and sad that the problems exist :(

Upvote 0
@sverek
Well it does matter if they were suggested before because you should look at the threads so that those discussions are not repeated ad nauseum. But anyway:

1) Pipebomb: There are a number of annoying things about pipebombs once they are set and with their price it makes them unattractive overall. But they are still very good to drop while retreating from a mob, scrake or FP. I actually like it better as a weapon now, because it is closer in use to other weapons (i.e. they are offensive rather than defensive).

2) The problem comes with how the guns are programmed. The best way to fix this is to have the option of turning off auto-pickup for dualies and dual HC (meaning you could never pick them up). There is no way to make sharing ammo between guns good unless you are dropping empty dualies or dual HCs which has issues as well.

3) Packet loss or latency might affect this on servers, but the hit boxes (and hit detection) are decent. I've never had issues with them on servers when my ping was under 150.

Upvote 0
1) Pipebomb: There are a number of annoying things about pipebombs once they are set and with their price it makes them unattractive overall. But they are still very good to drop while retreating from a mob, scrake or FP. I actually like it better as a weapon now, because it is closer in use to other weapons (i.e. they are offensive rather than defensive).
I don't disagree with it. I actually said that I DO NOT care about tactics. The problem I see is, pipe bombs are too vulnerable to explosive damage to Patriarch's missile.

3) Packet loss or latency might affect this on servers, but the hit boxes (and hit detection) are decent. I've never had issues with them on servers when my ping was under 150.
I don't play on servers that higher than 50 ping. Hit boxes are decent, but they become "part of body" when someone else shooting scrake or you shot scrake when he was changing his animations or whatever

Reactions: Unit-05
Upvote 0
I don't disagree with it. I actually said that I DO NOT care about tactics. The problem I see is, pipe bombs are too vulnerable to explosive damage to Patriarch's missile.

Then why are you even playing the game. This isnt C&C Red Alert 3 or supreme commander 2, Tactics is one of the mainstrays of the game.

And your fighting the Patriarch, he is the final boss, he is ment to be a total bastard and immensly hard. These things are supposed to happen. Thats why they added a new harder difficulty. To make it harder, not easier.

The patriarch destroys pipebombs if 2 of these things happen:

1) you put them just outside a welded door, so when he breaks it the splash destroy them.

2) if you stand near them, he WILL shoot a rocket centered on the pipebomb every time. you can even see that for yourself

If you keep making those 2 mistakes. Then you know what? You deserve to keep losing your pipebombs. Don't ask them to change the game because of it.

Upvote 0
Then why are you even playing the game. This isnt C&C Red Alert 3 or supreme commander 2, Tactics is one of the mainstrays of the game.
Not everyone enjoys having to play every match with the same tactic that generally works. Sometimes it's nice to just go astray with bullets and bombs.

But otherwise I'd agree with Unit... You can easily not lose your Pipe's by ducking in and out around a corner, and dashing away when he gets too close.
Risky, but beats standing on top of them for them to blow up~

(The 3rd note for OP sounds the worst though...)

Upvote 0

And your fighting the Patriarch, he is the final boss, he is ment to be a total bastard and immensly hard. These things are supposed to happen. Thats why they added a new harder difficulty. To make it harder, not easier.

The patriarch destroys pipebombs if 2 of these things happen:

1) you put them just outside a welded door, so when he breaks it the splash destroy them.

2) if you stand near them, he WILL shoot a rocket centered on the pipebomb every time. you can even see that for yourself

If you keep making those 2 mistakes. Then you know what? You deserve to keep losing your pipebombs. Don't ask them to change the game because of it.
Difficulty has nothing to do with massive explosion radios of missile. The hell you jumping gun with your conclusion.

Upvote 0
Difficulty has nothing to do with massive explosion radios of missile. The hell you jumping gun with your conclusion.

No, Difficulty is the point, they jacked up the price and made them fragile for a reason, Ballance. pipebombs are a devastating weapon, they have the ability to destroy any specimen instantly, Even the patriarch. To balance it, they make them difficult to use and fragile.

A tactic I do is when I place a pipebomb, is fight as hard as I possibly can to make sure they don't trigger the pipebomb. Why? because when I finally can't push them back to that point, the pipebomb will wipe out the rest, using it to its full potential. Though there are specimens that destory pipebombs such as the siren, but thats the job of your sharpshooter to make sure the screaming b**** doesnt have the chance to do that.

Upvote 0
I agree with unit. Pipe Bombs can't be placed any old place. Demolitions normally blow themselves up rather than get killed by zeds because they panic and stand on their bombs or fire a grenade launcher on a close enemy.

Pipe Bombs are perfect as is, they deal a lot of damage and if you're smart about it, you can generally wipe out the pattie effectively as a team without losing memebers by holding one area and utilising pipe bomns effectively. Of course you have to shoot him and stuff, but a pipe explosion gives his position and as long as you don't weld the door, you're fine. In fact, placing them outside the door and closing it is as good as it gets. He will stop on them to open the door and they blow up while he is in the largest damage zone.

Upvote 0
Not in my face. I always leave pipebombs and leave room. It stupid teammates, that jump on pipe bombs and make patriarch make to missile whole room.

And it's not my problem.

Having pipe bombs having 1 f***ing hp and ridiculous radios of patriarch missile, that the problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I say Unit,

that poor attitude of teammates, should not ruin game for Demolition. Image if you set a pipe and bunch of zeds and sirens coming on it. All should go ok, you away from it so it should go boom.

BUT HEY LOOK! retard Berserker decided to rush them, so siren screams and no more pipe. He get killed and now you got horde coming at you and you got no room to escape.

Same with Patriarch, when you set pipebomb in tight place and wait for him to step on it, teammate decided to stay on pipebombs and pat sends missile in room. Even though his missile blew up a mile away from pipebombs, they still will explode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I say Unit,

that poor attitude of teammates, should not ruin game for Demolition. Image if you set a pipe and bunch of zeds and sirens coming on it. All should go ok, you away from it so it should go boom.

BUT HEY LOOK! retard Berserker decided to rush them, so siren screams and no more pipe. He get killed and now you got horde coming at you and you got no room to escape.

Same with Patriarch, when you set pipebomb in tight place and wait for him to step on it, teammate decided to stay on pipebombs and pat sends missile in room. Even though his missile blew up a mile away from pipebombs, they still will explode.

The missile blast radius is ment to be like that so you can't basically one shot the patriarch. Hes the final boss, hes ment to be a total bastard

And Having retarded players is not the games problem.

Upvote 0