• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HC FPS gamer here, a few suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people only think about themselves. :mad: What difference does it make to some of you if TWI makes some of these features as OPTIONS. What about "Turn it off" don't you get? What about clans chosing themselves what they like as a clan. Clans that use these features will be more persuaded to play it. :rolleyes: Some of you act as if it will be the end all of RO2. :eek: I like what I see already, don't really care much but having FFA for reasons I've mentioned above. I'm sure TWI won't do any of these things, but regardless how would it even affect you? Quit being so selfish. :confused: A few of these things won't change anything about RO2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0
Don't tell me COD don't take some skill, go tell that to Tek9 Stevy the Pro player. It's a skill, it just different from RO. It's a lot bout what you are used to playing. Don't tell me this guy don't have skill.

YouTube - TEK9 Stevy - 9Lives HD

The way you are able to convince a few people on your ideas, that worries me. If your ideas go through with the game, it's going to completely ruin RO2's focus and goals. Realism. The first Red Orchestra game is fun and addicting, you're a guy who comes from playing Call of Duty and Call of Duty doesn't take no skills what so ever, the game compared to Red Orchestra is like comparing to different things, yeah the same genre, but the game mechanics is different. FFA should not be featured in a game, we already have a Team Deathmatch mode in the game. Everything that you said about not enjoying teamwork and objectives based gamemodes is completely your fault. The sequal is not going to be a COD clone because of your own personal taste, RO did succeed you just didn't see it. Love it or hate it, RO2 will not have your ideas and suggestions, and like what the VP said. "But we don't take (many) tips from COD-anything on how to do graphics or music. We do all that stuff - and the gameplay - the way it suits OUR game. We just happen to think (as do PC Gamer, now) that our way is better now." It's not going to happen Wahoo4. I know I'm not the devolper but coming from a Red Orchestra player, it ain't happening and I know it won't. Can someone please close this thread. :(

Upvote 0
Ok guys, how about we think of ways to make a FFA game RO style. How about a limited number of spawns? How could we make a RO style of FFA that makes it fun? Ideas? FFA has it's own tactical play, so I don't know how to do it. It's more about instant action, but I'm sure there are some creative people here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can we agree on that RO takes a diffrent "skillset" ?

This is my opinion also. Most games have a huge skill factor involved, but the particular skills vary from game to game.

Personally I'm indifferent to having deathmatch in the game, although I think TDM (which is already included) is a much better base to draw players into the objective type gamemodes. Just about everything in RO previously revolved around team gameplay and obviously this is eliminated when every player is on their own.

If it is included then I will play it probably about the same amount as I do DM in CoD (i.e. almost never) for the reason that teamwork is important to me, however if Tripwire have the time and resources to add it then it certainly won't stop me buying the game or playing the modes that I like - which is why I fully understand Wahoo's point of view.

Personally I think a deathmatch gametype is mod territory and I'm sure it would be available soon after game release if the demand is there.

Upvote 0
Ok guys, how about we think of ways to make a FFA game RO style.

Why are you so obsessed about having free for all? it really does not add a great amount to a game and it gets boring quickly, if it is a custom game mode made by modders then fine, but tripwire should not put there resources it into such a mode, there is far more important things which need attention.

If you really want free for all just wait for modders to make it, it should not be a official mode in a realism based game like RO.

Upvote 0
Ok guys, how about we think of ways to make a FFA game RO style. How about a limited number of spawns? How could we make a RO style of FFA that makes it fun? Ideas? FFA has it's own tactical play, so I don't know how to do it. It's more about instant action, but I'm sure there are some creative people here.

Just take TDM, make a map with custom spawns, and you have teamkill FFA :troll:

Upvote 0
Read my above posts.

Why are you so obsessed about having free for all? it really does not add a great amount to a game and it gets boring quickly, if it is a custom game mode made by modders then fine, but tripwire should not put there resources it into such a mode, there is far more important things which need attention.

If you really want free for all just wait for modders to make it, it should not be a official mode in a realism based game like RO.

Upvote 0
Can we agree on that RO takes a diffrent "skillset" ? :troll:

Ok here is the thing with games made after vCOD,starting from COD2 and above things got totally unrealistic,for example here in the videos you can see imediate going from just holding the rifle to immediate in scope and aiming,but this is not where it ends,every time you go into aim mode with the scope it always ends dead end in the center of your crosshairs,so that leaves a small marging for drag shooting and anybody with the right settings in ~ and right settting on board with the mice can achive this sort of gameplay.I'm preaching this cause this is the way we played in CAL-O tournaments.agressive,fast and the only time you camp is when you protect or if your whole team died.....

Now when it comes to vCOD and sniping....your aiming never ends dead in middle of the crosshairs,it always trow you off aside so if you dragshooting and your forced to drag shoot it will be a long slide for drag shot,plus in vCOD when going to aim position wasnt insta like todays COD games,took good 2 seconds so you couldnt waste your shots,you had to make them count.

I used to have in game recordings from all of my tournaments and iven some pubbing in vCOD,UO,COD2,COD4,WAW but they were on my old PC and when I sold it I had to reformat the HD....could never transfer them as an regular video since I dont have the converter but I was watching them trough the console file.

If COD2 and COd4 were made like vCOD with realism in mind,it would of been a different game,any of you vets here that played vCOD can see that there is a lot of resemblance between it with ROOST and I'm not just talking that both are set in WW2 time frame.

If you played vCOD you would also notice that the PPSH had the same recoil as ROOST,MP44 in vCOD had more recoil than ROOST and DH,BAR compared to DH mod had more recoil in vCOD,vCOD took skill to play specially on tournaments and the crosshair on the screen was pretty much usless iven with the LMG cause after every shot it would marginally expand so you couldnt relly much on the crosshairs,it was all about tactics and controlling the recoil while shooting...

I will always miss vCOD and UO,its the reason that brought me to ROOST.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

There will not be FFA. They already made a TDM mode. Get over it.

Upvote 0
There will not be FFA. They already made a TDM mode. Get over it.

If TWI descides to experiment with FFA,it wouldnt affect me in any way since I wont be playing that type of game and I know the majority will play the teritory capping type.

If they made FFA so some people can have fun that way,I'll be fine since I know 95% of the servers will be the old fashion type of gameplay and probably over 1/2 mil. people will be playing on this servers at the start.

It's TWI baby,and they will do what they think its best for it....

Upvote 0
Some people only think about themselves. :mad: What difference does it make to some of you if TWI makes some of these features as OPTIONS. What about "Turn it off" don't you get? What about clans chosing themselves what they like as a clan. Clans that use these features will be more persuaded to play it. :rolleyes: Some of you act as if it will be the end all of RO2. :eek: I like what I see already, don't really care much but having FFA for reasons I've mentioned above. I'm sure TWI won't do any of these things, but regardless how would it even affect you? Quit being so selfish. :confused: A few of these things won't change anything about RO2.

Take your own advice.

What difference does it make to some of you if TWI makes some of these features as OPTIONS:

What difference does it make to you if they don't include it at all?

I like what I see already, don't really care much

Then what's the problem?

I'm sure TWI won't do any of these things

Then why ask? Seems like you already know the answer. >>>>:troll:

Quit being so selfish

How about you? You're on here asking day in and day out for the same features that are not in the game. If you don't like it, too bad.

Reactions: Roland777 and Floyd
Upvote 0
About what your saying wahoo4......

1. Like Soldat said, early CoD was so much different then how the current ones are, they changed when they wanted to make it easier and more accessible to people and look how that turned out, now the game is completely changed then how it started.

2. FFA...... yeah how many people do you think would come here just for FFA? just because a clan plays FFA all the time in CoD does not mean they will like this game with FFA, I can just imagine them making posts like yours saying how the game is to hard and they can't hit anything because they are trying to hipshoot with a bolt action rifle. *cough* X-Play review *cough*

I would and I think everyone else would prefer if tripwire spent more time trying to get a beta out, making more tanks/polishing the game/fixing bugs and finishing the game.

3. Yeah that video.....all of those no scopes are done in memorization of where the bullet goes since it is always in the middle of your screen and what they basically do is practice the same thing over and over and over again until they have it done to perfection, it also doesn't help that the guns have little to no recoil. So with knowing that I would love to see him do the same in Red Orchestra as he would have to try to do it with tons of factors affecting his shot. (Examples: Map size, bullet drop, location, he can't jump like a mad man, recoil, 3d scopes, etc.......)

I don't see how we are being selfish, we just don't want the game we love to go into a completely different direction and rather see the resources spent on something important instead of FFA and other stupid things. But since you want tripwire to cater to everybody then why don't we spam your CoD boards and ask them to cater to us? You know, big maps, vehicles, modding support, huge number of players.

Also again remember what game tried to beat CoD by being it....Medal of Honor, and it's basically dead.

Reactions: Krieger
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.