• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Login to your KF server through Web Admin IN-GAME in Steam

Can't we change the google.com for it?

Can't we change the google.com for it?

Hi, great Idea, but since it replaces the Steam community in all Steam apps including Steam, wouldn't it be possible to show it instead of the google.com page, that appears when you hit the Web button? I searched for google.com in the text files but can't find it- guess it's hardcoded in the executables / dlls :(

Upvote 0
Thanks, this works pretty well.
I'm having a problem with the drop down boxes for selecting the server maps, I click on the drop down button and nothing happens. I can do this fine when I log into webadmin through a regular internet browser like FF but not ingame as described above.

Thanks for any help,
-Komrade

Upvote 0
Code:
How to disable the new default behavior for handling user information in HTTP or HTTPS URLs
To disable the new default behavior in Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer, create iexplore.exe and explorer.exe DWORD values in one of the following registry keys and set their value data to 0.

* For all users of the program, set the value in the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE
    * For the current user of the program only, set the value in the following registry key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_HTTP_USERNAME_PASSWORD_DISABLE
I use iGoogle and stick the links I need in a Bookmarks widget.

^ click to enlarge

Thanks to the OP and to whoever posted the info about IE behaviour regarding usernames and passwords.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Works great, but slow. I can run L4D on windowed, nobordered mode and drag windows on top of it with no problems, so I'm not sure if it's the overlay's drag on my card or if it's something else, but I actually find it faster to alt-tab out to do what I need to do -_-.

Great idea, I just wish the steam browser wasn't so suck. =(

Upvote 0
Okay, so sorry to revive a dead thread, but I've gotten the Killing Floor part to work, but now I want to add the Darkest Hour server, so that I can moderate it as well. Thing is, I'm not sure how to do so. We use gameservers.com, and the setup isn't the same. Is there anyway I can use this mod for DH as well?:confused:

Upvote 0