• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF one year earlier = better?

About a year ago, players were jumping on top of that gate in West London and on the roofs the buildings in Farm and on top of one particular shack in Manor and it was impossible to heal others due to the unforgivably stringent hit detection of the syringe and you could buy an infinite amount of weapons buy clicking invisible buttons in the Trader buy menu and the screen blur from attacks lasted forever and specimens (aside from the Fleshpound) always stood still while attacking making every single one laughably easy to kite and so on.

So no, not really.

Upvote 0
If there has been a few updates before, it was probably because things were not going very well... I agree that there are still some problems, but if those issues were really important TWI would have probably done something. I personally don't believe in a perfect game, because there's always gonna be issues.

At the moment, we have plenty of mutators or mission maps that did not existed when KF was released. The gameplay is superior compare to what it was and we most be thankful to Tripwire for the updates and also to the community for their work .

TWI made a lot of updates in a short amount of time which is a great thing, but on the other side, the community will always want more (but TWI can't work only on KF). For a 20$ game i'm pretty satisfied :)

Upvote 0
The chainsaw was still very good a year ago, but still KF is a much better game and experience now.

Many high quality maps (many ****ty too, that is why you have to find a good server), a new and fun perk imo and lots of weapon choices. What's not to like?

Also if you think the game is too easy, PUG it. That is what I tell people in MMO(RPGS) when they whine how easy everything is. You can clear any content with a good group that is coordinated. The challenge is still in pugging and I see a lot of people still fail on hard so......

Upvote 0
There was a few things I missed from KF release, the insane motion blur when you take a hit was one. What it did was it really punished you hard for taking a hit (because the motion blur makes you defenseless for a second, making it that much easier for the specimens to feed you a dozen more hits). As a result people played as a team more and they're more cautious about their target selection. Crawlers use to be considered top priority target.

With the motion blur turned down people tend to split up and rambo more as they can afford to risk letting specimen closer, and they don't prioritise as well as before.

Other than that the rest were all good.

Upvote 0
The game is better imo, but I do agree with the new weapon thing, I mean I love the new weapons but they did sort of kill the "scrounge for what weapons you can" sort of thing the game had, also the Husk is annoying as ****. Other than that, the updates are amazing and I will be waiting for the next one..

Upvote 0
the game now is 100% better than where it was last year. just because there's currently a couple balance issues after the addition of the tier3 weapons and level6 perks doesn't mean the game is worse.

I do, however, like the actual dev attention it was getting a year ago! They haven't touched the game in 4 months now and don't appear to be doing so anytime soon...

Upvote 0
I do, however, like the actual dev attention it was getting a year ago! They haven't touched the game in 4 months now and don't appear to be doing so anytime soon...

what irks me is that they released all this new content and then never fixed the balance afterwards. it was like, "here you go guys, heres a bunch of stuff that we havnt really tested much, now were off to work on RO, bye!".. at first everyones like, "OMG THIS IS AWESOME!" then they realize, "holy crap this isnt fun when the whole team goes demo and does a major pipebomb spam"

i love TWI but sometimes i feel smarter than them ;-)

PS: waiting for someone to reply, "well it was free so dont complain!"

PPS: a blueberry bagel with cream cheese and a cup of coffee from my favorite local roaster makes me so happy in the mornings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0