• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Some help needed. =)

*Baer

May 14, 2009
Hi, community!

I've got a short question here...
I just started mapping with UEd3 and bumped into a problem.
I've just finished creating a few rooms, added some stuff, fiddled around...
And I wonder: Where the hell do I find any textures for floor/ceiling?
I browsed all of the .utx's and didn't find anything looking like carpet, street or something else.

I'm German and hope I could describe my problem well enough... my English could be better. =/

Greetz,
the Baer

Okay, first of all, when you select a package from the scroll down list, make sure you click on the button which loads all of the package, it should be above the scroll list (I can't be too specific because I don't have unrealed on this computer to look at).

Secondly the packages such as KillingFloorLab, Office etc have three groups for textures, you'll find walls, floors and ceilings in the Lab/Office/Manor common group, I think it's the second on the list.

I'd show you a screenshot of what I mean if I could but I'm hoping this is enough info for you to figure it out.

Upvote 0
I'm having the exact same problem, I installed the SDK from the steam tools menu, loaded up the editor, made a few rooms, but couldn't find any proper textures. I'll upload a screenshot of what i mean:

http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=notextures.jpg

Scrolling down the textures there is just a few more wood gibs.

I'm completely new to mapping, so it's quite possible I'm just doing something retarded.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
I'm having the exact same problem, I installed the SDK from the steam tools menu, loaded up the editor, made a few rooms, but couldn't find any proper textures. I'll upload a screenshot of what i mean:

Scrolling down the textures there is just a few more wood gibs.

I'm completely new to mapping, so it's quite possible I'm just doing something retarded.

Thanks in advance

Did you press the load package button? It's the button with three sheets of paper as the icon, above the MRU tab. Everytime you start the editor and select a package from the scroll list, you need to load it's contents. Otherwise you just get a preview of it's contents.

Upvote 0