• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Run or bunny-hop?

Well, I had heard it's a tiny bit faster to constantly jump while running, but it's impossible to tell. Would recommend that you DON'T jump too much to make it easier on medics trying to heal you, and to not block grenades.

Really jumping doesn't have many practical uses, but it helps sometimes to avoid one or two parts of damage from a crawler leap, back away from clots, mess with husks' aim, etc. I do it almost constantly because I've played ~1,000 hours of a game where you HAVE to navigate obstacles via jumping. Plus, it seems to keep my mind active if I'm constantly moving and looking around.

Upvote 0
I just time the Space bar to go fast while jumping , like this :
*Gets close to the floor* Spacebar *Goes up* *Gets close to the floor* Spacebar , and over and over again until I reach the place I want to go.

Answering the question , yes , you move sorta faster while doing Timed Jumps instead of spamming the spacebar.

Upvote 0
If you really need to run away from something, ALWAYS jump. Because it reduce damage from any sort, you never take a full hit if you jump non-stop. Also, you make some zed like husk miss and crawlers sometimes do much less damage.

Also, if you get hit in mid-air, being attack by patty/fleshpound/husk fireball will actually launch you even higher making you end up further away from them.

So, if you are running for your life, jump is not a bad idea. But if you are still sticking with a team, try not to jump. You screw up anyone with MP7 and trrying to heal you while blocking many bullets.

Reactions: trick
Upvote 0
If you really need to run away from something, ALWAYS jump. Because it reduce damage from any sort, you never take a full hit if you jump non-stop. Also, you make some zed like husk miss and crawlers sometimes do much less damage.

Also, if you get hit in mid-air, being attack by patty/fleshpound/husk fireball will actually launch you even higher making you end up further away from them.

So, if you are running for your life, jump is not a bad idea. But if you are still sticking with a team, try not to jump. You screw up anyone with MP7 and trrying to heal you while blocking many bullets.

Ugh. Don't encourage them. About the only time you won't take a full hit when you jump is when an FP hits you because his attack is a 2-parter with knockback. The rest will get both hits off on your midair butt just fine.

Occasionally you can jump over a husks shot, but I've NEVER seen a crawler go under you unless you're on a staircase.

Upvote 0
Ugh. Don't encourage them. About the only time you won't take a full hit when you jump is when an FP hits you because his attack is a 2-parter with knockback. The rest will get both hits off on your midair butt just fine.

Occasionally you can jump over a husks shot, but I've NEVER seen a crawler go under you unless you're on a staircase.

Crawlers will NOT go under you. However, if you jump, crawlers will not do full damage, as well as gorefasts. Ah, and scrakes too. It may not be as noticable as fleshpound's attack, but it do help.

Upvote 0
In Unreal engine you do not gain a speed boost for bunnyhopping like you do in Source.

This.

Although, jumping is fun, you dodge husk shots, can sometimes jump on top of stalkers, and I'm not entirely sure there is an accuracy penalty for jumping, I seem to have no problem getting headshots with the M14 midair, although admittedly it would be much harder with weapons that don't have a laser sight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0