• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Jeeps and trucks.

Nicholas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
I would love to see these vehicles in the game, Russians used lend lease Jeeps, Jeeps are also the greatest small vehicles every devised, they are like the IS2 of cars. :troll:

But seriously, they were used, I would like to see them used alongside Halftracks, which themselves were somewhat rare, as there were never enough, so soldiers made do with other vehicles, plus since these vehicles are not armored people won't be using them as suicidewagons to charge into enemy lines, people will use them for transport and not as unstoppable steamrollers.

I would also like to see a feature where on larger maps, the commander gets his very own jeep/kubelwagon, that no one else can drive without him inside, so he can get around the battlefield as he wants.

Reactions: Chadwiick
I hope they have all kinds of maps, from CQC, pixel shooting, human wave, tank only, to ARMA maps.
Thing is that RO only depicts the AO (Area of Operations), no matter how big the map is enemy forces are extremely likely to be very close to your current location.

While in a game like ArmA unarmoured transports such as trucks do have a place, they are usually abandoned prior to moving into the AO. This usually happens 2-3 km away from likely enemy positions. Implementing trucks and jeeps is simply unrealistic in a game like RO, even if the map would be a 10x10km tank-map.

Upvote 0
Thing is that RO only depicts the AO (Area of Operations), no matter how big the map is enemy forces are extremely likely to be very close to your current location.

While in a game like ArmA unarmoured transports such as trucks do have a place, they are usually abandoned prior to moving into the AO. This usually happens 2-3 km away from likely enemy positions. Implementing trucks and jeeps is simply unrealistic in a game like RO, even if the map would be a 10x10km tank-map.

Yeah thats true, but what if modders make ArmA type maps!

Upvote 0
If they make them vulnerable enough to discourage clown car activities or have beter system for off-road and on-road speeds it sounds like something they might introduce in a patch later on ;)

Omg I loved the clowncars lol

But to the point if you listen to.one of the youtube interviews. He's states that they went intense with the vehicles...as in the made them extremely detailed and so he said by the time they got a few done they realized how much work it took...and they said there were only going to be like 6 vehicles in the release and that they were going to be adding more vehicles through patches and addons...imguessing like the new gun adds they did in KF

Upvote 0