• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In country screens

What are you people on that you see 3D in those screenshots? :confused:

I honestly thought the same thing. I used to work at a newspaper and you had to line up the colors to get the photos in focus. Looks closely at some hard edges and you will see that it appears that colors don't line up... that is also a way that with 3D glasses you can get things to look, well,... 3D

In any case, it looks slightly out of focus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For a brief fuzzy second I thought that might be a 37mm Cobray flare launcher. :p

When talking 20vs30 round mags, alot depends upon the MOS and/or unit, particularly early in the war. In more general use, the time period of the war dictated their availabilty. Early on there were no specific ammo pouches for the magazines, so there was some pretty innovative stuff going with regard to some canteen covers and other 'universal' ammo pouches.

Since it has what appears to be the XM203 GLAD attachment, the 30 round mag, I'm going to guess mid to late war...say 1970-71? Not a grunts weapon; LRRP or Seal?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is one nice screen shot. I am really looking forward to this mod. RO set in Vietnam = amazing.

you forget M14s...

And AKs, SKS, ect.

When talking 20vs30 round mags, alot depends upon the MOS and/or unit, particularly early in the war. In more general use, the time period of the war dictated their availabilty. Early on there were no specific ammo pouches for the magazines, so there was some pretty innovative stuff going with regard to some canteen covers and other 'universal' ammo pouches.

I thought the 30 round mags where not used in Vietnam?

*Assuming we are talking about M16s.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I forgot to mention, the rock textures in the M16 screen look amazing... even for new games. Some good art work being done for sure.

As already mentioned in IRC, afaik the flash-suppressor is incorrect for an M16A1.

Should be the 3-bladed open-ended one (afaik).

I think you are right. That looks like an A2 style.

I will look for the website that has all of the retro style of AR-15/M16s. You'd be amazed how many pre-A1 and A1 style rifles and carbines there where.

I always thought it would be nice if we could play in the early part of the war as the USMC as well, so we can use M-14s. And then arm the Vietcong mainly with SKS, Mosins, and SVT-40s (I think that is mainly what they used early in the war?).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kirby.jpg

Upvote 0
As already mentioned in IRC, afaik the flash-suppressor is incorrect for an M16A1.

Should be the 3-bladed open-ended one (afaik).

Of course it's likely that I'm wrong. :D

Only early M16's(XM16E1) had 3 prong flash hider.

604a-756x221.jpg

M16A1

m16a1.gif

I also hope the type 56(ak-47 copy) is in this, it was used a lot by the Vietcong and nva, probably even more common then the 47.

500px-ChineseType56.jpg

Upvote 0