• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crysis 2 ZOMG SPECULATION!

Multiplayer demo is out for the PC. Just finished installing it and surprisingly enough, it doesnt work, it wont let me create an account which is needed to play online (maybe server overload?).

A quick browse thourgh the internets revealed im not the only one, many people have been complaining the same, but some have managed to create an account.

Oh well, i'll just have to wait.

Upvote 0
You can also try going to Mycrysis.com and creating it through the site.

However, one of my random username/pass combos worked and I was able to log in... I have absolutely NO idea if it was one of the GameSpy accounts I had or an EA one or what since it sure wasn't what I used at MyCrysis...

If this is any indication of the SP, then they consolized the ever living crap out of the crysis series.

Edit: My case in point...

Now, keep in mind that autoaim is enabled by default in the demo.

Edit 2: Also where the hell are my graphical fine tuning options at? Maybe I'm missing them but I have my choice of 3 presets that I have no idea what the hell they do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip, but that website seems to be clogged as well.

Aim assist, wtf.. please dont tell me that it's actually functional in the pc version. I already noticed the "press start button to continue" on the main screen, but i wasnt really expecting it to be that bad ...aim assist... what the **** were they thinking ? :D

Upvote 0
Along with the countdown to the Skyrim trailer it's another bungled mess.

They know it's going to be popular, they know there will be huge amounts of people creating accounts and logging in yet they still manage to make a mess of it.

When trying to login via either EA or gamespy account it tells me my nickname is invaild and when trying to make an account via mycrysis.com it freezes.....this fills me with confidence that the full release will be well managed
skukqe.gif
skukqe.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Merin Redplate
Upvote 0
Graphics are incredible and performance is awesome. I love how you can navigate through the maps by climbings on pretty much everything, sliding into vents etc. However it just feels extremely consolified because of a) the extremely fast pace b) 12 players max. I mean seriously they had a seperate 100people-team working on MP and this is all they managed to come up with? Still the graphics are awesome and I'm sure SP will be good enough AND there will be mod tools. So I'm still unsure whether I should buy it for 32

Upvote 0
Well I downloaded the demo, installed it, and was appalled at the horrible consolified monstrosity in front of my eyes. Seriously, not only did Crytek start going multiplatform but they clearlyy DROPPED the PC altogether.

I mean for crying out loud, the opening thing you see is a SPLASH SCREEN that says PRESS "START" TO BEGIN. Holy ****.

Oh and I can't join any servers. I'm not having the log in issues that you guys and everyone else has had, but I get an error every time I try to join a server, and all of the servers have 0 ping for some reason.

I haven't even played the game and I already have a terrible impression. Nice going Crytek.

Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
Well I downloaded the demo, installed it, and was appalled at the horrible consolified monstrosity in front of my eyes. Seriously, not only did Crytek start going multiplatform but they clearlyy DROPPED the PC altogether.

I mean for crying out loud, the opening thing you see is a SPLASH SCREEN that says PRESS "START" TO BEGIN. Holy ****.

Oh and I can't join any servers. I'm not having the log in issues that you guys and everyone else has had, but I get an error every time I try to join a server, and all of the servers have 0 ping for some reason.

I haven't even played the game and I already have a terrible impression. Nice going Crytek.
It's the same in Mass Effect 2 for example, so at least bash the game for the gameplay and not for the menus.

Upvote 0
It's the same in Mass Effect 2 for example, so at least bash the game for the gameplay and not for the menus.
Uh I will when I actually am able to JOIN a server. All I'm saying is that it's clear they made no attempt to actually make a solid first impression with the PC demo. Even the introductory movie doesn't mention the second PC demo map, telling me that it's just taken from the 360 demo. Oh and the inability to change individual graphics settings like any other PC game really irritates me -- I mean this is supposed to be Crysis for crying out loud!

I'll post my thoughts on gameplay as soon as the game lets me play.

Upvote 0
Uh I will when I actually am able to JOIN a server. All I'm saying is that it's clear they made no attempt to actually make a solid first impression with the PC demo. Even the introductory movie doesn't mention the second PC demo map, telling me that it's just taken from the 360 demo. Oh and the inability to change individual graphics settings like any other PC game really irritates me -- I mean this is supposed to be Crysis for crying out loud!

I'll post my thoughts on gameplay as soon as the game lets me play.
Yeah well the demo afaik doesn't feature extreme level textures(due to size or sth) and no DX10/DX11 either.

I also just decided that I'm not going to buy this. 1) Pre-order incentives -> lvl5 at start and some stuff already unlocked -> why would I want that? 2) Sure the graphics are incredible but I'm not paying 32

Upvote 0
Is "hardcore" the highest graphics settings available in the demo?

If so, it is very blurry and the textures are of a really low resolution. I think UT3 and Crysis 1 look better. I understand that in the final version, the graphics will look better... but it is lame for them not to be included in the demo. :rolleyes:

The menu is slow and clunky. Just very overdone and poor.

The weapons are far too inaccurate when not using your sights, which is very annoying. The maps are tiny.

The only thing I like so far are the weapon models, animations, and sounds. Improved a lot it those areas. I guess you can say I like the look of the nano suits with some ammo vests and whatnot on to.

Overall, disappointing. But I am not surprised.

Upvote 0
Well, it looks so weird on my computer i cant possibly believe its supposed to look that way. It look's almost like im playing on a lower resultion than my native (blurry, unsharp picture&textures), but i am playing on my native resolution.

Must have something to do with my Graphics card or it's drivers.

Flogger23m what card are you running on ? Because you seem to have the same problem as me. I've got a radeon 5850.

Upvote 0
Well, it looks so weird on my computer i cant possibly believe its supposed to look that way. It look's almost like im playing on a lower resultion than my native (blurry, unsharp picture&textures), but i am playing on my native resolution.

Must have something to do with my Graphics card or it's drivers.

Flogger23m what card are you running on ? Because you seem to have the same problem as me. I've got a radeon 5850.
I agree that things look blurry as well. Another weird issue I'm having is that the game constantly stutters on my machine. My FPS remains fairly high, but the game randomly stutters all over the place when I try to move my mouse. It almost looks like lag, but my ping is fine. It only happens on that Pier map.

Another really annoying problem is super delayed chat messages. I'll type a message and it pops up like 5 seconds later ...

Overall, I find it fun but trying too hard to copy Call of Duty. It's kinda sad, because the suit mechanics could make for a much deeper game if they actually bothered to be creative rather than make a poor imitator of the competition.

Upvote 0