• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

multiplayer - graphics tuned down for preformance?

skittlesareyum47 touched here other problem. RO:HOS will have advanced graphic things like blur, HDR, etc. Will it be possible to lock those setting on server to make rules even for all players? I'm sure all "pr0" players from CS, CoD, etc turn off all disturbing things, set graphic to lowest possible just to see more than other players.

THAT IS SOO TRUE

I rember when i played cod2 competivly in my childhood

I would be a cheap lil bastard and turn my settings on DX7 and lowest everything.....you could see half way threw smoke and see threw bushes better

Yeah i was a lil brat back in them days but w.e every1 did it so i had to too

But yet,lets say im running a crappy pc like i am now and i HAVE to play RO:HOS on lowest,not by choice,what then i just cant join the best servers.....its a loose loose situation unless the devs make it so lowering graphics wont give you advantage

Upvote 0
THAT IS SOO TRUE

I rember when i played cod2 competivly in my childhood

I would be a cheap lil bastard and turn my settings on DX7 and lowest everything.....you could see half way threw smoke and see threw bushes better

Yeah i was a lil brat back in them days but w.e every1 did it so i had to too
hahah YES I did this too!! And you could fire off the semi auto weapons SO FAST and accurately with the higher framerate. I'd say those were the days but I learned to hate that game :x

Upvote 0
hahah YES I did this too!! And you could fire off the semi auto weapons SO FAST and accurately with the higher framerate. I'd say those were the days but I learned to hate that game :x

SEE EVERYONE DID IT!!

some cheap *** **** maan!! :p

yeah carbine owned with higher frame rate

did you play german front mod or realism like WRM? or just stock cod

edit: your kidding me,i get censored,sigh so i can blow ppls heads off with grenades,but THATS OK!! so long as we dont have potty mouths!!

Upvote 0
I've been playing OST/DH on 16 bit, low resolution, with everything turned down to LOW or LOWEST since retail came out. I get about 10-20 FPS. Luckily on Monday I'll get the last pieces of the new PC I'm building and I'll be able to actually play RO to its fullest for the first time ever. :D

Watch no one be online.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been playing OST/DH on 16 bit, low resolution, with everything turned down to LOW or LOWEST since retail came out. I get about 10-20 FPS. Luckily on Monday I'll get the last pieces of the new PC I'm building and I'll be able to actually play RO to its fullest for the first time ever. :D

Watch no one be online.

Now that's dedication!

Upvote 0

Watch no one be online.
Sad but true, but hey, at least you'll be able to play HoS with good settings.

Upvote 0
SEE EVERYONE DID IT!!

some cheap *** **** maan!! :p

yeah carbine owned with higher frame rate

did you play german front mod or realism like WRM? or just stock cod

edit: your kidding me,i get censored,sigh so i can blow ppls heads off with grenades,but THATS OK!! so long as we dont have potty mouths!!

the worst is the 125/333/666 fps bug, wich let you jump higher, and because of that, out of some maps/into glitches

Upvote 0
the proper technique with graphics is to have lower forms of higher settings. what do i mean? well in ARMA and ARMA 2 for grass at longer distances, the ground is portrayed as about 8 inches higher then the ground actually is, that means that if your laying down 500 meters away in 'grass' while people 500meters away don't see grass, they don't see you because you are covered by the ground texture at that distance. these kind of tricks work well on low and high settings (no games show grass 500meters away). these kind of tricks need to be developed for graphics so that view ability remains fairly the same for low and high settings.

Upvote 0
The "trick" I've seen over and over again actually is that in singleplayer during ingame cutscenes they swap out textures for higher res ones as well as sometimes more detailed models.

Well id like it if there is the option to turn graphics up the cinimatic at all times. Cus i didnt get a Nvidia 250GTS for nothing ;):p lol. I wanna feel that war as if real (well not bullets actully hitting me though the monitor that would be rather frightning :p lol)

Upvote 0
I remember Battlefield Vietnam to have the option of turning off any vegetation. As I found out about this feature I never wondered again that someone shot me from 50 meters away, when I was prone in high grass. This is why I stopped playing BF 'Nam very soon after.

For showing grass at 500m distance, I believe it's more an engine issue rather than the graphic cards. Crysis (I know it's high arcade :) ), it has a maximum view range of 8km, which is quite far. When zooming in with a sniper rifle grass at 1km distance is still there, of course not as detailed as like 200m but it's there. So someone could be hiding in it.

I don't know if the UE3 has the strength cause any game with it has no grass where you need/can go prone in. Airborne has no prone and no grass, UTIII is run 'n' gun, etc.

Would be cool if HoS solves the problem.

Upvote 0