• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Tank Hitboxes

When you're shooting at an enemy tank, what is the best place to aim for? If possible, I always try to aim for the underbelly but that isn't always possible. Everywhere else seems ridiculously armored, but occasionally I get a good hit that downs it in one shot.

Is it just random, are there specific points that are vulnerable?

Despite the unjustified belief that the T-34 is inferior than the Pz IV G and excluding the actual bugs, these are the "general rules":

1) Always try to hit with the best horizontal angle possible.
2) Always try to hit in the middle (both horizontally and vertically) of the tank (following the previous rule).
3) Always try to hit in a point under the turret (following the previous rules).

Explaination of the point 3:

shermanprofilesupsh1a3s.png

These are super-simple and generic rules but really effective, and if you follow these rules you will always inflict a serious damage/wound to the crew and/or to the tank.

Upvote 0
I found out that it's better to shoot the middle of the tracks (as a precise spot let's say at 70% on your red arrow - 0% being bottom of the arrow and 100% being the top of it).

And from front I realised that is better to shoot the sloped part (either the driver's position or the MG spot) instead of the turret.

P.S. that's not an T34 isn't it ?! :confused:

Upvote 0
Pfff he couldn't find a picture of the T34 ? :)

Here are some pictures with what I consider the weak spots:

I choosed a random picture, i wrote it, those are GENERAL rules so they work on almost every tank...it isn't needed a specific picture.

Btw, if you look at your first posted picture the weak spot it's exactly under the turret ;)

Upvote 0
That place where the turret mets the hull doesn't work for me, I tried even from 20 meters :(

I mean your red square.....i think that lot of people misunderstood my 3rd point....."under the turret" means a point (EVERYWHERE) between the red lines....and every point between the red lines is under the turret, not only the turret ring...

Your legs aren't under your head simply because they're not linked/near?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've also noticed in game in the T34 the aim could be way off. I think it's a bug actually. I noticed if your gun setting is too high it goes to the left. If you bring the range down it forsome reason makes the gun aim straight again.
The return of the evil stugbug from RO I?

Tank combat in RO2 will be like DH.
If DH had a PTRS it would certainly not be overpoweredly penetrating the fronts of (T34/Panzer IV and whatever else) turrets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the red areas in the t34 picture r where I've had success killing them with anti tank rifle and German tank the German tank's red areas are where i'm guessing you should shoot at(i'm rarely Russian on the game)

The german tank is just a little bit wrong :D

It seems, I played Gumrak yesterday and I was unstoppable with the T34 ... I think it needs a nerf :p

bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug

The return of the evil stugbug from RO I?

Yes i can confirm :(

If DH had a PTRS it would certainly not be overpoweredly penetrating the fronts of (T34 and whatever else) turrets.

DH tanking is just...awesome :D

Upvote 0
That really doesn't solve the issue. The Panzer can still take the T-34 out with 1 or 2 hits while the T-34 seems to have awful penetration in return. It's almost as if you need 2 to 3 T-34's to kill one Panzer, because any time I've gotten in a straight up shooting match with one the T-34 loses very fast.

I think that could be the point, in real life it did take 2 or 3 T-34's to out gun a Panzer. Maybe the Russians in Gumrak need to have more tanks :p But yes speed is key for a T-34! Don't bother firering at the Panzer 4 unless you got a nice 'right angle' shot against its hull, the bulk of the ammo is on the Panzers left side, underneath the turret and to the front a smidge i think. I aim there on the t-34's and they blow right up :D

Upvote 0