• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Double iron sight on KAR98

Upvote 0
I've been getting this as well.

First it was only on the g41, last game I played it was on g41 and Kar98 as well. For me it seems like the bloom effect you get when looking down the sights (the orange glow on the edges) is for some reason doubling the sights up.

Here is a screenshot of what I get with the G41, you cant actually see the post at the end of the gun so shooting it just guesswork.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/chocolaterain/screenshot/578933833717838576?tab=public

Upvote 0
Here is a link to the post I had already created.

Switching from normal/high/ultra graphical settings doesn't seems to solve the problem. I also deleted ROEngine.ini settings file without success.

As it is a graphical bug, we should put our GPU specs and maybe we'll see some particular point we have in common. Here is mine :

Ati 5870 1Go GDR5 (same as Rizzo... we may have a something to explore)
Lastest Catalyst Drivers 11.8 (Sept 3)

Other specs :

Windows 7 64 bit pro genuine, freshly installed (2 weeks ago), really clean, almost no other game installed since (Portal 2, Trackmania 2, World of Tanks).
Intel 2500K CPU
Asus P8P67 MB
Crucial M4 128Go SSD
Corsair 2*4Go DDR3

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In some maps like station it happen 95% of the spawns, It happen also in many other maps with many different weapons, Spartanovka is one of them too ( not really a dark one :p ) , very annoying bug when you try to aim at long distances, usually when i have it i try to pick up a dead player weapon on ground as using the bugged double sights is just a pain in the *** passed 80 meters distance , very bad bug.

Edit :
HD5870 vapor-X edition with catalyst 11.8
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @3.0 Ghz
8Gb Kingston HyperX (Kit 4x 2 Go) DDR2-SDRAM PC8500 CL5
Western Digital VelociRaptor 600 Go 3"1/2 10000 RPM 32Mo
Windows Seven Pro 64 bits

Last edited:
Upvote 0