• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To all players...one word makes a big difference

I only apologize if I mistook friend for foe. If someone runs in front of my position while I'm actively firing, then that's their fault.

Exactly. IMO, they ought to give YOU an apology for screwing up your score and honor with an undeserved tk. Same for teammates who chase after grenades you've thrown when they were behind you and should've realized you weren't throwing lotto tickets at the enemy. :D

Upvote 0
I agree PLEASE say sorry!

I had some douche last night fire at me 3 times and miss.. while i was starring at him from 20m away, dancing away, thinking fcuk fcuk surely he'll realise I'm on his side.. no 4th shot got me.. no sorry... bloody annoying. I don't think it was intentional.. he just seemed to be a complete moron.

I make my fair share of TKs... but ALWAYS say sorry.

Upvote 0
I only apologize if I mistook friend for foe. If someone runs in front of my position while I'm actively firing, then that's their fault.

It is just common courtesy and it helps create a better team atmosphere to say sorry even if it was mainly the other guys fault. Also, I have seen enough terrible choices by players to shoot in areas where they were bound to hit teammates to take that as an absolute rule. The one shooting can as well have made a poor choice, so it does not redeem you.

The other day i shot a friendly, and said sorry....he said.."why did you shot me couldnt you see i was running towards the enemy"

I said" i thought you where running away" It was funny. but you probablyhad to be there.

But what was interesting was it was on spartnovka and in the light he looked like a russian retreating....

And then a few minute later i was looking at a couple of russians and i swaer they looked like germans and i did not shoot..... they inturn killed me.

Some of the lighting from light to shadows can really make the color of the uniforms look like enemy.... The captain is the worst....cause both wear caps.

You need to learn the difference in how the two teams carry their guns when sprinting. Axis using one hand, allies two. That has helped me in a lot of situations quickly assessing whether it is friend or foe, because you are right in that in some situations there is no way to tell the difference in the colour of uniforms because of the lighting (and realistically so).

The sound of the guns are alos a good hint, however on Grain Elevator most axis spawns with allied guns, and with all the unlocks allowing enemy weapons at spawn, that is not a good rule of thumb anymore.

Upvote 0
The sound of the guns are alos a good hint, however on Grain Elevator most axis spawns with allied guns, and with all the unlocks allowing enemy weapons at spawn, that is not a good rule of thumb anymore.
Yes.
If we are storming a building cap I like to pick up a enemy gun and fire it a few times so remaining enemies hopefully will be fooled by the sound into thinking their guys won the firefight and go back to carelessly sniping in their windows.

Upvote 0
I've been teamkilled hundreds of times but only once typed "np": I had run in front of someone elses firing gun. I even apologized for it.

The two reasons I don't forgive teamkills are:

1. If there is no consequence for teamkilling, their careless behavior has little motivation to change. If they start getting session banned for teamkilling, they may try harder to be careful.

2. not only did someone else screw me and the team over a bit by being careless, but am I supposed to start going through the hassle of bringing up the chat and typing a command on top of it? It was already disruptive enough.

Question: when apologizing for a teamkill, is it enough to use the in game voice interface to issue an "I apologize" instead of typing or voicing it?

Edit: Yes, I try to say "thank you" every time someone gives me ammo when using an MG. They should know of my real appreciation for their deed (even though it benefits all of us). I am especially grateful when someone goes out of their way just to deliver ammo to me, when I am out or nearly out and the situation is critical. Otherwise I see no situations that warrant thanking them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I forgive TKs if I was doing something stupid, like firing back toward my team (even if I was shooting at actual targets), accidentally running in front of a friendly I didn't see, or stepping into a room to see a 'friendly' nade go off.

I usually I don't forgive TKs for things like, getting shot in the back by a teammate while I was in a cap zone,... with my back to them, them throwing a grenade to 'clear' a room they didn't even look in when I've been holding it for several minutes, etc.

The idea of "Always forgive!" is beyond stupid, and if you do something stupid, then you deserve to take the results of your actions.

Ideally I would like to see the "type np to forgive" to become "Press F4 to Forgive, F5 to report." If you press F4 after you die, then the other person doesn't lose points. You did something stupid, it was your fault, etc. If you press F5, then the person loses points.

Upvote 0
I apologize for TKs regardless of fault. It's just common courtesy to me.

If I am TKed, I will wait to see if a "sorry" appears. If so, then they get an "np" in return. Even if I think they're totally at fault. If I know it was totally my fault, they get an "np" regardless of whether or not they apologize.

What I have discovered, at least with my system, is that I need to type "np" about three times before it actually appears on the chat screen. But since I'm usually dead during that time, it's not much of a bother.

Upvote 0
Most of my TKs happen when someone gets directly in line of fire with my target.

That tends to halt any *****ing right there...when the TK notice is directly before the enemy kill notice.
this. so often.
apartments, at that broken wall near the propaganda house. german mg in that camper corner on the other end of the street. my mate runs out of cover recklessly, gets killed but gives me a nice chance to get the mg. i aim, pull the trigg- BAM, other mate right in front of me, teamkill. i swear, aim again, next shot -BAM, next mate down. then i got killed by the mg guy. i mean what the heck? 3 guys running straight into that mg, wtf? and i thought it was clear to NOT cross the line of sight of a player who aims down his sight:confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What if I'm not sorry at all because the guy ran in front of me to start shooting out of the window I'm shooting out of, or decided to stand around for a minute five feet in front of my deployed LMG?

Sometimes tk's are the only civilized solution.

Ignoramus Blockheadicus Bungholiocus is sad creature, who must be given the mericiful end he seems to eager to attain. :D

Upvote 0