• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Proper servers.

jenskai1

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
I can't help it but there are just no proper servers with proper connection, every darn filled server has 150-250 ping on each player.

please, if you have a stable filled server, just let me know.

also, advertising servers aren't allowed, so just give me a message.

Avoid 64 player servers, they are all crappy and all lag in some way shape or another. Plus its a useless FPS hit as well, 64 people camping, acting like snipers all day, and not capping... No thank you! I stick to 32 and 40 man servers only.

But pings are glitched, your real ping is not whats shown

Yeah i guess, 64 can be just be a pure spamfest, won't probably improve a person.

Upvote 0
Yep, the lag is horrible. I think I'm just going to quit playing for a few weeks until it's all patched up.

Tripwire really shouldn't have made this game for 64 players if none of the server can even handle it. Seriously, I shoot a bullet straight at the ground and you can see a delay. It just makes playing the game no fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sixty9Eyes
Upvote 0
This has been explanied several times, the "ping" in RO2 isnt the typical ping of any other game.

On other games it shows how long it takes for you to connect to server in question.
In RO2 it shows how long it takes for you to connect to the server, how long it takes for the server to process the data, and then send it back to you.

This creates the illusion of high ping.

Upvote 0
This has been said many times before, but there is nothing TWI can do if server admins run their servers beyond what their machines can handle. 64 player servers that are run on the hardware we've specified run fine. EVERY FPS that is released that allows people to run their own servers has this issue of server admins pushing their servers too far. After a few weeks people avoid those servers and they go away. Then the well adminned, well performing servers are the ones that remain.

Upvote 0
This has been said many times before, but there is nothing TWI can do if server admins run their servers beyond what their machines can handle. 64 player servers that are run on the hardware we've specified run fine. EVERY FPS that is released that allows people to run their own servers has this issue of server admins pushing their servers too far. After a few weeks people avoid those servers and they go away. Then the well adminned, well performing servers are the ones that remain.

Sorry mate but your talking out your arse! Before the final update I'm the beta all the 64 player servers I joined where fine with very low pings of around 25-40. Tripwire then updated and patched the game and I can't play on a single server at all!! I can not play ever do you understand I payed for jack squat!

Upvote 0
Sorry mate but your talking out your arse! Before the final update I'm the beta all the 64 player servers I joined where fine with very low pings of around 25-40. Tripwire then updated and patched the game and I can't play on a single server at all!! I can not play ever do you understand I payed for jack squat!

Yes, the guy from TWI has no clue what he's talking about when it comes to a TWI game. You are the expert on this issue. Good catch.

Upvote 0
Excuse me but how can you explain that your servers (number 4 UK precisely) show 80 ping in the browser and 136 in-game? Is it normal or what?
edit: screenshot
serverlag.png

PS: hope you'll be so kind to answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Horrible horrible excuse.

Pre-release, the beta had no high ping issues at all. Then the punkbuster patch came and not only added 100 ping because of punkbuster but it also introduced a bug which increased the ping by >100 again depending on the amount of players.

The sooner you/TWI recognise this as a bug, the faster we are able to enjoy a decent game. As this really is one the most gamebreaking issues the game is facing right now.

Reactions: Rumo and wazups2x
Upvote 0
Horrible horrible excuse.

Pre-release, the beta had no high ping issues at all. Then the punkbuster patch came and not only added 100 ping because of punkbuster but it also introduced a bug which increased the ping by >100 again depending on the amount of players.

The sooner you/TWI recognise this as a bug, the faster we are able to enjoy a decent game. As this really is one the most gamebreaking issues the game is facing right now.

Could not agree more i have moved on and i payed for Battlefied 3 i have given up hope TW will never fix this issue so **** this game! i have had enough

Reactions: Altus
Upvote 0
Excuse me but how can you explain that your servers (number 4 UK precisely) show 80 ping in the browser and 136 in-game? Is it normal or what?
edit: screenshot
serverlag.png

PS: hope you'll be so kind to answer.

I get that on the USA west coast too. Something is going on. Blaming it on server hardware and connections is wrong when EVERY server is 80 or more ping and they jump 50 or more once you are in a game. Even on TW offical servers.

I'm running 23/19 fiber. I should be seeing 20 pings to Bay Area, LA, Seattle servers like I do in every other pc game I play.

1477988761.png

Sorry just really bummed about this whole release. I had high hopes for this to be a proper RO sequel, not this COD cash grab it turning out to be. It's my favorite fps franchise.

Modders save me.

Upvote 0
I get that on the USA west coast too. Something is going on. Blaming it on server hardware and connections is wrong when EVERY server is 80 or more ping and they jump 50 or more once you are in a game. Even on TW offical servers.

I'm running 23/19 fiber. I should be seeing 20 pings to Bay Area, LA, Seattle servers like I do in every other pc game I play.

1477988761.png

Sorry just really bummed about this whole release. I had high hopes for this to be a proper RO sequel, not this COD cash grab it turning out to be. It's my favorite fps franchise.

Modders save me.
From what I understand, the server side processing is more intensive for RO2 then most other online fps games. That or other fps games don't calculate ping the way RO2 does. The time it takes for server computers to process the live data of things happening in the game, bullet trajectories, bullet drop, hit detection and etc, are accounted into the ping which explains why it raises as more players join the game. The more players there are, the more there is to process.

So while your ping to wherever might have a 20 ms internet delay, that will never tell you what the server delay will be in RO2. I hope that helps explain some of the issues :)

Upvote 0
Avoid 64 player servers, they are all crappy and all lag in some way shape or another. Plus its a useless FPS hit as well, 64 people camping, acting like snipers all day, and not capping... No thank you! I stick to 32 and 40 man servers only.

But pings are glitched, your real ping is not whats shown

Yea I don't think so. The ratio of autos/semi autos to bolts is bad as it is on 64 player servers but on 32 players it's a huge ****ing joke.

Upvote 0