• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] GTX 590 Performance Issues?

Hi there ive just bought this game today and im having issues with framerate issues

My rig is a follows
Q6600 CPU | OC'd 2.9ghz
8 giggs DDR3 1600mhz
3 gig GTX590
Striker II Extreme Mobo

Im running the game at a steady 60fps which is fine, but constantly dropping down to 30-fps, which is noticibly laggy, i dont really wish to lower the settings due to the fact that this machine eats pretty much all recent high end games on max settings, was wondering if there is anything i can do before i start lowering the graphics.

PS drivers are all updated, disks defragged, and game file integrity checked
Thanks for replys in advance
Jack

yes processor is old now, and will eventualy be updated to a newer better one, however i highly doubt that the processor is causing the fps drops. considering shogun total war 2 runs great on ultra with this setup, im wondering if a setting somewhere needs to be tweaked. although i could be wrong, as comparing preformance's on different games is stupid cause there all programmed differently

Upvote 0
The easiest way is to grab an app called GPU-z from guru3d. On the sensors page, there is a GPU load sensor. You want to run something like furmark or MSI kombuster, in windowed mode, so you can have the graphics on screen and see the sensor reading. This brings the GPU use to 100% usually. Also, open up the task manager and observe cpu load. If CPU load is high 80+%, and the GPU is lower, than its a bottleneck.

But I absolutely agree with you OP, your RIG is an Older one, but still a goodie. If your playing Shogun 2 at Ultra then I bet you the main fault relies on the Red Orchestra 2 Game. before you do anything hasty, wait for them to release a MAJOR patch and the see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goten
Upvote 0
ddr 3 ram running at 1600mhz dual channel. ram is great, just the proccessor is lacking compared to all the new ones, i dont want to spoil this game due to slow fps so i will hold out playing it till performance fixes are applied via patching

on a different note however can anyone reccomened a solid qaud core proccessor that works with the 790i chipset, looking at spending up to 200 pounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ddr 3 ram running at 1600mhz dual channel. ram is great, just the proccessor is lacking compared to all the new ones, i dont want to spoil this game due to slow fps so i will hold out playing it till performance fixes are applied via patching

on a different note however can anyone reccomened a solid qaud core proccessor that works with the 790i chipset, looking at spending up to 200 pounds.

Core 2 Extreme

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yo,

I don't want to preach to the choir, but that Q6600 is bottlenecking you 590 like NO tomorrow.

Typical symptoms of this would be high fps in quiet areas, but as soon as work needs to be done your minimum fps is going to be terrible. At LEAST an i5 to hold that card up. Also, SLi and Crossfire arent working with RO2, so that'll also explain it, not to mention the general fps problems everyone is having.

But seriously, upgrade that CPU man, I can't believe somone would buy a 590 and still have a Q6600. It's like having a Ferrari, and running it on diesel.

Upvote 0
ok ive taken a look into what im going to get, i dont want to rush upgrading my system, so i will wait for mabye 2 months max. im looking at gettting Intel Core i7-2600 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor, and a motherboard that will operate with it, unfortunatly spending so much money preivously on the very first ddr3 boards such as the 790i is abit of a shame, cause it isnt compatible with these new proccesors, so i will be looking out for a really decent board to go with this chipset, considering i blew out on the graphics card and got a monster i might as well upgrade the rest,
thanks for the thoughts guys, this should actualy improve my gaming in the long run :)

Upvote 0
Hi there ive just bought this game today and im having issues with framerate issues

My rig is a follows
Q6600 CPU | OC'd 2.9ghz
8 giggs DDR3 1600mhz
3 gig GTX590
Striker II Extreme Mobo

Im running the game at a steady 60fps which is fine, but constantly dropping down to 30-fps, which is noticibly laggy, i dont really wish to lower the settings due to the fact that this machine eats pretty much all recent high end games on max settings, was wondering if there is anything i can do before i start lowering the graphics.

PS drivers are all updated, disks defragged, and game file integrity checked
Thanks for replys in advance
Jack

I have the same processor (OC to 3.0) and 8800GTs. Even on my system I know that the cpu is bottlenecking my older cards a bit. It's not just this game, but other games I have had over the past few years as well.

Upvote 0
ok ive taken a look into what im going to get, i dont want to rush upgrading my system, so i will wait for mabye 2 months max. im looking at gettting Intel Core i7-2600 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor, and a motherboard that will operate with it, unfortunatly spending so much money preivously on the very first ddr3 boards such as the 790i is abit of a shame, cause it isnt compatible with these new proccesors, so i will be looking out for a really decent board to go with this chipset, considering i blew out on the graphics card and got a monster i might as well upgrade the rest,
thanks for the thoughts guys, this should actualy improve my gaming in the long run :)

Why the 2600? its not even K so it cant be oced and 2600 only offers hyper thread above 2500 and you dont need that unless you do lots of computing. dont waste your money.

Upvote 0
If you don't want to have to buy a new Motherboard + everything else to upgrade to a better socket type.

Look at the Q9550 or Q9650. They run on the LGA 775 socket and are much better than the Q6600.

Many people with decent cooling can reach 3.8 - 4.0 Ghz with an overclock, which is enough to feed a GTX 590.

Just a cheaper option than a new rig setup.

Upvote 0