• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] The Movie Thread #2

DraKon2k

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Now seriously, what's going on? Why are my popular threads deleted?

Just watched 'The Book of Eli'. I heard it was crap and didn't have any expectations at all and was really surprised by how nice the movie was. The postapocalyptic world seems very believable(except for lack of radiation sickness) and there are some very good scenes in there. I really liked it.

8/10

Juno
Definitely not the kind of movie I'd usually watch, but I felt like it so I gave it a go. Definitely a very good movie and the line between drama and comedy is very well drawn. One of the kind of movies that get close to you or make you think, so I guess it definitely succeeded with what the movie was going for. Ellen Page did a great job performing as Juno. Hope I'll never get into a situation like this(from her fathers or boyfriends POV). It also has a nice indipendent touch.

9/10

Reactions: {Core}Craig
Upvote 0
Watched platoon, saw it years ago so I decided to watch it again. Obviously it's a good movie, a classic.

Saw Star wars IV a few days ago because I couldn't even remember when was the last time I watched it, will watch the other 2 next week.

Saw Blade Runner a week ago, I would say it's my favorite movie ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Just saw this at the cinema the other day, and suffice to say that it's rather thought-provoking. To give away anything more than the IMDB plot line would be spoiling, so I'll just go ahead and paste it (and I'd even consider that kinda spoiler-ish):

Spoiler!

The director is not a famous one - actually, this is the first of Gela Babluani's works - it was originally a French production, but after the higher-ups at Hollywood had seen it they gave him a large budget, access to some pretty well-known actors of today, and most importantly, complete artistic freedom to remake his film for the English-speaking audience.
It seems to have paid off as the people who've seen the original version say that he literally shot the same movie, the only difference being that the first one was shot exclusively in B&W.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just watched Predators. I can't believe they beat the odds and actually made a worthwhile successor to the original film after all these years (though, of course, it can never be as good without Ahnold). It's just a fun movie, and it finally explains why some predators hunt with honor while others seem more like sadistic children sniping squirrels with a .22. Seriously, shooting at unarmed humans with an auto-aiming plasma gun while invisible is just not very sporting. In the AvP books the predator would take hordes of xenomorphs single-handed with a spear, and not even get a drop of acid blood on their armor.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm currently rewatching all major Leslie Nielsen movies

So far I've seen ->

Airplanes! - he only has a side role but I heard it was his breakthrough and I can see why
Police Squad! - Very awesome and modern humour, it really was ahead of its time though, nowadays people would love it
Naked Gun 1, 2 1/2, 33 1/3 - his best movies imo, had to laugh so hard the whole time
Repossessed - was ok but not so funny compared to naked gun, maybe because i never watched the real exorcist(though of course I did get the jokes)
Dracula - it's not as funny as the previous movies but still great and it has something that makes it really special, maybe because I watched that movie in my childhood first
Spy Hard - again not as good as naked gun, but still funny although kinda short

Upvote 0
I would like to see "Love" and "The scientist", they seem pretty interesting. Unfortunately they are independant movies so I don't know how I will be able to see them.
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/love/
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/thescientist/
The scientist might be full of psuedo science but I like watching movies that has philosphical questions, as long as they leave out religion.

Yes I know, double post, but the previous post is from months ago, had to revive it somehow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
I loved this movie; I don't care if it's better if you actually understand the language instead of reading the lines, it was still good. None of the over-the-top acting popular in American films, but subtle, realistic, meaningful, and one of those movies where you legitimately are trying to figure it out with the people (and failing). That, and for some reason that line involving the glass of water.....:eek:

Watching either the sequel or Eli tonight. I'm guessing the sequel has something to do with Lisbeth's fire-throwing flashback?:confused:

Saw all the original star wars movies now, Return of the jedi is the worst, the empire strikes back is the best imo.

The amazingness of the original trilogy correlates directly to the amount the Empire wins:cool:

Upvote 0