• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Newest patch: Max FOV is 75. Permanent change?

Obviously they took this **** out because it needs more work to be usable.

Don't have a panic attack guys.
This is not the way to do things though. If there is a highly requested feature which causes a problem, you fix the problem, not remove the feature.

Can anyone confirm this still works?
It works as long as you don't go into settings menu while playing. Also no idea how pb will like it.

Upvote 0
The Zoom sliders were sort of misleading. They didn't affect the amount of zoom you gained when pushing the Sprint/Zoom button, they adjusted the amount of zoom that occurred simply from going to ironsights. As an old RO player, I found it much more useful to reduce the zoom scale so that I kept peripheral vision when ironsighted. I still had the option of hitting zoom to zoom in for actual shooting.

I'm going to be highly pissed off if I'm stuck at 75 FoV and forced zoom on ironsight. This **** isn't supposed to be a console port.

I'm willing to give Tripwire the benefit of the doubt however and will reserve judgement until release. Worst case I'll go back to Ostfront for a few months until they clean things ups.

Upvote 0
Whew. Thanks for this.
Keep in mind that the fov setting will reset to 75 if you open the game settings menu while in-game.

The Zoom sliders were sort of misleading. They didn't affect the amount of zoom you gained when pushing the Sprint/Zoom button, they adjusted the amount of zoom that occurred simply from going to ironsights. As an old RO player, I found it much more useful to reduce the zoom scale so that I kept peripheral vision when ironsighted. I still had the option of hitting zoom to zoom in for actual shooting.

I'm going to be highly pissed off if I'm stuck at 75 FoV and forced zoom on ironsight. This **** isn't supposed to be a console port.

I'm willing to give Tripwire the benefit of the doubt however and will reserve judgement until release. Worst case I'll go back to Ostfront for a few months until they clean things ups.
Well said.

Upvote 0
I want to keep some peripheral fov in ironsights. When even a game oft called clunky like ArmA can manage to implement zoom in a fluent natural intuitive way, why can't tripwire :\.
Well, we had zoom scale sliders which were perfect for that purpose, but apparently tripwire disagreed. Perhaps they are trying to also attract console audience with all this low fov stuff. :D

Ok now I'm just trolling, no good. :|

Reactions: daschewy
Upvote 0
I changed the FOV to 85 on the first day of the DDE beta and have played that way ever since - one time while in -game I decided to see how things changed with an FOV of 75 and dear god was it a step in the wrong direction.

Glad I can change it in the .ini and hope it will be 'fixed'/reimplemented in the future - just hope as of now I don't have to choose between playing with a ridiculously narrow FOV or getting kicked by an anti-cheat program.

Can people confirm that PB has no issues with a modified FOV?

Upvote 0
The FoV cap change was implemented mostly due to performance issues. There are other aspects of it that need work as well.

The weapon specific fov changes were removed due to a bug that would cause players not to hit what they were shooting at.

Both of these were last minute additions to the game that did not work out properly. So they have been rolled back out for additional work/changes as needed.

Upvote 0
The FoV cap change was implemented mostly due to performance issues. There are other aspects of it that need work as well.

The weapon specific fov changes were removed due to a bug that would cause players not to hit what they were shooting at.

Both of these were last minute additions to the game that did not work out properly. So they have been rolled back out for additional work/changes as needed.

Thank you for replying and .. honesty. Hope you move fast with the FOV stuff - the 75 FOV makes some people (me included) motion sick. We can't play the game until this is addressed.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
This is "optimizing" ? Give us at least 80 please :(

I have an 550 Ti and if I'm having less the 80 when I sprint the vision "narrows", it's like Need for Speed when you drive faster or preparing for Warp speed :D

Can you increase it please ? It physically makes me sick. And I need my sprint :rolleyes:

That "narrowing" is by design/choice. There is an option under the same menu as the FOV, the option is called Disable Sprint Zoom, tick that to get rid of the narrowing at any and all FOV settings.

Upvote 0

Yoshiro this a PC game, we don't want console FOV on our widescreen monitors, please don't force to find "workarounds" so I can play the game as a true PC game.

If you are worried about performance with higher FOV then add a disclaimer next to the slider (RAISING FOV DECREASES PERFORMANCE).

Thanks and have I good one, the game is a great, but this decision is not so good.

(The weapon zoom changes don't bother me as nearly as much) I wish you guys would just copy Arma's ironsight and zoom system and save us all the heart ache.

Last edited:
Upvote 0