Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > Ideas and Suggestions

View Poll Results: How kill assist points should be given in "slow death" situations?
The one who shoots last should get the kill. (Like it is now) 11 30.56%
The one who gets the enemy in that slowly dying state should get the kill. 22 61.11%
There should be no kill assist points when shooting slowly dying enemy. 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2013, 05:31 AM

David,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidL.Roth View Post
I think this should be the other way around.
If someone gets enemy dying slowly, the one who then finishes him off should get only assist point because that enemy would've died in couple of seconds anyway.
Point is given to soldier who finish enemy. Point is not given to soldier who "start" the enemy. You want to siwtch an unfair point to a new unfair point. And maybe your way to give the point is a little more unfair.

You talk also to cancel all the assist point, it's right. I don't know if cancel the assist point can be a good solution, I don't know...

The important point here - as Cpt Praxius writte it - is :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt-Praxius View Post
He killed the guy.... you just critically wounded the guy, but did not kill him yet.
Praxius is right on this point. There is difference between wound an enemy and kill him.
Go in He.l with your game. RO 2 will end Festung Europa.
"My Way ? ...Stalingrad !"

Last edited by ro2player; 11-25-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coin-goD View Post
It's not hard to understand. What you don't seem to understand is that you did not kill him. No kill = no points. I don't see how this can be such a big deal, I rarely leave enemies in low death. And if I do, I finish them off quickly. If someone else kills him, then no big deal.
I agree.

And no David I didn't think your suggestion was bs, it's the argument you presented.

Players shoot and hit enemies all the time and regardless if they bandaged up, or have a temporary slow down in Classic, or a critical slow death, they're all assists towards killing the target.... Assists towards the one who landed the fatal blow. You get points for it... Why is it such a big deal?

Last edited by Cpt-Praxius; 11-25-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
It's not hard to understand. What you don't seem to understand is that you did not kill him. No kill = no points.
Shot to the middle torso with 3-4 second delay of dying is not killing? Ok.

Quote:
I don't see how this can be such a big deal
It's not a big deal, who said that?
I'm only here to discuss my point, if this is not changed it will not make my world go upside down.

Quote:
I rarely leave enemies in low death. And if I do, I finish them off quickly.
If someone else kills him, then no big deal.
Same with me
Exept that sometimes it irritates me if many kills gets stolen from me during one round.
But one stolen, two stolen, who cares?

Last edited by DavidL.Roth; 11-25-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Assists towards the one who landed the fatal blow. You get points for it... Why is it such a big deal?
It's not a big deal.
I'm only here to discuss my point.

And that fatal blow was the one which made that enemy fall into that non-responsive fading out dying state which lasts 3-4 seconds, that person is dead already. He can't survive it anymore.

If you don't see difference between finishing and killing and helping to kill I really can't help you.
And from the bottom of my heart I wish you all the best of luck in finding the logic someday.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:

When the enemy dies within 3-4 seconds from my shot to me is considered killing because he is dying, he is already dead, he is history.
Then that finishing shot is just finishing i.e. assisting = kill assist.
Too bad you don't understand the problem behind this, maybe some day you will...
I understand completely where you're coming from.... He is fatally wounded and will soon die from what you inflicted.

But at the same time, I could be suffering from an incurable heart problem that will eventually lead to my death.... But got hit by a train tomorrow.... The heart problem would have surely killed me, but I was killed by the train.

That's how I see it.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
I don't understand how this can be so god damn hard for some of you to understand? Jesus H. Christ...
Because we don't agree with you?

How hard can it be to believe that someone else has a different opinion than you???
Old 11-25-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
I understand completely where you're coming from.... He is fatally wounded and will soon die from what you inflicted.

But at the same time, I could be suffering from an incurable heart problem that will eventually lead to my death.... But got hit by a train tomorrow.... The heart problem would have surely killed me, but I was killed by the train.

That's how I see it.
Actually when I thought your logic earlier today, same kind of situation came up to my mind where a person has a heart problem and then one day lightning strikes to him fatally.

In that case I completely understand that the killer was lightning, not heart decease.

But this situation is so differend and fast phased that I really can't relate to your logic.
To me the hunter who shoots the deer and makes it collapse to ground is the one who gets the antlers on his wall, not the one who runs to the dying deer and shoots him one more time to end the misery (as assisting deer to his final rest).

We just have differend views on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =GG= Mr Moe View Post

How hard can it be to believe that someone else has a different opinion than you???
No, you can disagree all you want.
It just feels that you have completely missed my point and not understood what I mean.
Like deliberately misunderstood me i.e. almost trolling.

But I've explained my point so many times that I won't be wasting my time anymore in this thread explaining same thing all over again.

Last edited by DavidL.Roth; 11-25-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
It's not a big deal.
I'm only here to discuss my point.

And that fatal blow was the one which made that enemy fall into that non-responsive fading out dying state which lasts 3-4 seconds, that person is dead already. He can't survive it anymore.

If you don't see difference between finishing and killing and helping to kill I really can't help you.
And from the bottom of my heart I wish you all the best of luck in finding the logic someday.
But that's the problem. You think it's 3-4 seconds of non-responsiveness.... But they can respond.

As I have said, I have seen many players fire off SMG's, MG's, Semi-Autos and Pistols for those few seconds and ended up dropping one or more players. Hell even I have done it a few times. I've cleared out a room of enemies with a DP28 before I actually died because none of those enemies decided to finish me off properly. In my one death I dropped 8 Germans.

The funniest moment for me was when I was fading out with a bolt rifle in hand, the guy who shot me decided to walk past me without a care.... So I stabbed him with my bayonet before I died.

In both these situations, I sure hope those players who didn't properly finish me off learned a harsh lesson... Slow death is not a death until you drop to the ground and are truly Dead.

You are dying, yes... That is not in dispute.... but you are not yet dead and are still a threat. You are responsive... And until that person is dead, stops being responsive, stops breathing and is lying on the ground without any movement, you do not deserve credit for a kill.

If you want to use an argument of hunting, it's better to use a bear as a reference as they will fight back, most deer do not. You can fatally shoot a bear, but it can still charge at you and peel your face off of your skull before it dies... When it does die, sure you got the kill... But if your friend next to you shot the bear again to drop it before it could kill you, then he gets the credit... But you helped.

Last edited by Cpt-Praxius; 11-25-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =GG= Mr Moe View Post

David I understand it's frustrating - ok - to see his kill steal by another one. But it's the game.

You want to switch something who seem unfair to something who is more unfair : given the point to the FIRST player who WOUNDED...Assist point will be given to the SECOND guy who KILL. So it's mean : your way of giving point work with people who WOUNDED enemy. That's the part of problem. That's is really unfair...given point to people who just wound the enemy - and assist point to player who kill enemy !

...because assist kill points are based on fact to WOUNDED...and not to KILL. When you kill you just have point(s). I understand your suggestion, David, as the idea to turn assist kill point based on the fact to WOUND to the fact to KILL.

Giving point to player who kill and finish seem unfair but it's the good way. And so Assist point given to player who only wounded is also the "good" way.

Last edited by ro2player; 11-25-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
But that's the problem. You think it's 3-4 seconds of non-responsiveness.... But they can respond.
Wrong choice of word.
You are absolutely right that dying player can be threat and is still reponsive, even though aiming is hard in that state and you cannot aim down sights (exept if I remember right that when aiming down sights and then dying slowly you can still keep aiming down sights).

Quote:
But if your friend next to you shots the bear again to drop it before it could kill you, then he gets the credit... But you helped.
Makes sense.
But as a stubborn one, you can't still turn my head around.
To me the credit should be to the one who shot the bear, not the one who finished the dying bear.
You can try to go bear hunting and if you get into situation like this, I will guarantee that you will not get the hide for taking mercy shot.

This conversation is not going anywhere.
Although you have good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro2player View Post
David I understand it's frustrating - ok - to see his kill steal by another one. But it's the game.
ro2player, when I saw that you had been writing to this thread my smile went from cheek to cheek.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
ro2player, when I saw that you had been writing to this thread my smile went from cheek to cheek.
I didn't written this against you, Dude. David, I tried to understand you I think Praxius found directly the important point.

So Have fun David ! It's the most important.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro2player View Post
So Have fun David ! It's the most important.
True that!
You too.