• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Possible Character Customization

Jorg Biermann1

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Buckinghamshire, UK
Ok before you press that "Post Reply" button saying something like "OMG Use Search!!". This isn't me asking for character customization. This is me suggesting how it could be done.

Ok to make this work, as soon as you click on the class it is locked for you so you have some time to customize your character. Also the pictures of the guns might have to go to give room for a preview of the character. Yes this is very Resistance and Liberation style but it was good in there.

You should be able to customize things such as;
- Your Face. Just pick one of the many faces made.
- Your Mask (German Winter). Does it go over your mouth, over your nose?
- Your Hat (Russian Winter). Do you wear the hat with the Ear flaps down or up?
- Dirt (Ranked up people) The higher level you more dirty your soldier gets, lett people chose how dirty if they want to go down a bit.
- Tidyness of Uniform (Ranked up People) Basically same as the dirt but stuff like buttons and rolled up sleeves.

Here's a crappy preview of what it could be like.

Spoiler!

Here is some things I made to show what you could be able to customize.

Russian Ushanka
RusWinterHats.jpg

German Winter Masks
GermanMasks.jpg

Here's another one.

Russian Winter Greatcoat? or Telogreika?
GreatorTelo.jpg

Last edited:
This could be my inner Gentle Mann of Leisure TF2 Hatte Collector speaking, but I'd love the option to tweak my character's appearance.

And despite all the flak hats get in TF2, they do serve a very important role, and that is identifying specific players at a distance. If you see a heavy, you have no way of knowing if it's that awesome heavy that killed you a dozen times or some new guy trying to rack up easy kills. Introduce appearance customization and you know to run from the heavy with the Pilotka and the Purity Fist and laugh at the heavy with the Gibus.

Not that I want hats in RO2, but being able to tweak your character's looks would really help.

Upvote 0
Well it's not really about Hats and stuff. It's just making your guy look how you want. Like if I would pick a Russian Winter Uniform I would wear the hat with the ear flaps down. It looks cooler.

This could also be used to select and deselect add ons to weapons

and also could be good to chose what medals you wear (Thats if they add more)

Like I said, I don't want hats, but being able to identify different soldiers through appearance (and be myself identified) would be nice.

That's what the hats do in TF2. They allow you to be identified despite everyone using the same character models.

Upvote 0
Weren't the Russians all about bravado and wearing their hats with the ear flaps up and wearing pilotkas? Also helmets were for cowards and the such?

Not saying it was the rule.

It's a myth. You see just as many photos with soldiers wearing helmets as photos with only pilotkas. The general theory is that regardless of the orders, you wouldn't see a mix most of the time. If your unit didn't wear helmets, nobody did, and vise versa.

Also the only reason that you don't see Russians with ear flaps down in history is due to regulations. After WW2, ushankas with the flaps down was only authorized for sub-zero operations. In WW2 it was fully allowed.

Reactions: Bluehawk
Upvote 0
And also this idea is because in a some months time when everyone is top level everyone will look dirty and all be the same. The only way to keep the mix of dirty and clean troops would be to add prestige mode in (And we all know we don't want that). So basically this customization gives people the oppurtunity to make the battlefield have more variety.

Also I found out that as soon as you unlock attachments like the bayonet they are always on. Always. Thats stupid.

Upvote 0