• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Supression

I think the suppression is fine how it is, BUT it would be really nice to see more of an effect, I know i cant see much enemies and tell the difference between friends and foes when suppressed.

No its not. at all. compare it to how it was in ro1. Im not saying guns are too accurate in ro2, not at all. its just that there is barely any difference when someone is supressed.

Upvote 0
No its not. at all. compare it to how it was in ro1. Im not saying guns are too accurate in ro2, not at all. its just that there is barely any difference when someone is suppressed.

I'm also a bit gutted they didn't implement suppression like in RO1. In RO1 when you got suppressed, you really were unable to perform like normal. A shower of artillery made you become completely disorientated. It was a fantastic system and I miss it in the new game.

Now it feels like they may have well just put a bit of the text at the bottom saying "you are now suppressed". But with the weapons as accurate as they are now (I'm not complaining about that), I suppose the balance is hard to find.

Upvote 0
I'm also a bit gutted they didn't implement suppression like in RO1. In RO1 when you got suppressed, you really were unable to perform like normal. A shower of artillery made you become completely disorientated. It was a fantastic system and I miss it in the new game.

Now it feels like they may have well just put a bit of the text at the bottom saying "you are now suppressed". But with the weapons as accurate as they are now (I'm not complaining about that), I suppose the balance is hard to find.

I also miss the suppression effects of the first...

For some reason, when I was shot at in RO:OST, I had that immediate 'hit the dirt' feeling. Now I can barely tell I'm being shot at.

Upvote 0
I do agree that there needs to be more of an effect when you're getting shot at. There are times I barely notice until I actually take a bullet.

I'm all for your aim wavering (as you clearly want to get your head back down as fast as possible) and some more intense audio/visual effects. I also think your move speed should be upped (sprinting for your life to that foxhole? I'd be running far faster than my emaciated legs could bear).

Just some thoughts.

Upvote 0
Yeah, suppression should be pushed up a notch. It doesn't have to be exaggerated, but right now it seems to just add a bit of grey and nothing else. A rifleman shouldn't be able to peek up, aim, and kill me in 1 shot if I'm actively shooting at his cover from a long distance, or any distance at that matter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hmm supression does indeed work fantasticly, but in false direction:
your MG gunner is shooting while you are 5 meters behind him and cover his back, now YOU are supressed and can't barely hit targets which you should because you cover.
on the other side, the supression has "noticable" effect only, when you are missing a target, but thats simply not good enough.

so this feature is indeed almost everytime a backshot again to your team because supression works better against your own team and not against enemies.

Upvote 0
your MG gunner is shooting while you are 5 meters behind him and cover his back, now YOU are supressed and can't barely hit targets which you should because you cover.

Try getting in front of your MGer in prone and see how much suppression you suffer then. The suppression you take from teammates isn't that bad.

The artillery suppression is pretty good too.

Upvote 0