• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll: Does RO2 Need Another Delay?

Poll: Does RO2 Need Another Delay?

• Yes, another 2 weeks

Votes: 249 35.1%
  • Yes, 1 month, at least.

Votes: 178 25.1%
  • No, the game should be fine by launch.

Votes: 282 39.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In my opinion, the non-game breaking smaller issues & annoyances are plentiful enough that when combined can sour the experience of playing right now.

I am also concerned for the fact that a lot of these issues slid under the radar of TWI's internal Q&A.

All things considered, I have faith that they can pull off some miracle work in the next 8 days. :eek:
Well the problem is that with internal testing you're working with only a minimal amount of different systems, odds are more than likely that almost all their office PCs are (nearly) identical in hardware, so you won't, and can't catch bugs that only occur on certain graphics cards, motherboards, operating systems, driver sets or interesting, curious and unique combinations thereof.

Upvote 0
I would suggest another two weeks for the TWI staff so they don't feel so pressured. I don't mind the beta and like how TWI is releasing the maps in packs so players have the time to get the feel for each individual map.

Too many games are released early and players are forced to fend for themselves. I think TWI is doing an excellent job so far, I just don't want to see them get bogged down with trying to satisfy every liitle complaint.

Upvote 0
People should start using common sense and trying to fix their problems with the Beta.

I downloaded the patch yesterday and all I got was bluescreens and crashes while trying to connect to updated servers.

After updating my drivers and applying some of the fixes that are stickied in the forums, I am now 100% able to play all new maps without any crashes or disconnects.

It's still a Beta and if you just whine about all the bugs instead of reporting them or even finding a solution for a problem then you probably deserve to not being able to play RO2 right now. :IS2:

Upvote 0
To be fair, if you were a professional external tester your job description would be limited to finding and describing bugs, and trying to present a scenario that (almost) always triggers the bug, it's not your job to think of a solution, that's for the programmers.

So in short, if you want to help, just try to replicate the bug if you encounter one, provide screenshots if it's a visual bug, post how you get the bug and if it kills the game, include the Steam crashdump files.

Upvote 0
I certainly wouldn't hold it against TW if they delay the game again. From my experience, it really does need it, unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat within a week. I just want to be good to go come release day, whenever that is, because the game itself is rather brilliant, and I don't want to see a bunch of bad press for another amazing game come release time that gives people a bad first impression, due to bugs... which is what happened to ARMA 2.

Upvote 0
I'm not worried either way as we got beta to play with so if they need more time thats fine with me - i can carry on playing beta

It's got bugs - but hey it's is a beta after all.

So from my point of view release when ever you feel ready TW, as what ever is relased if there stuff wrong it'll be corrected.

Upvote 0
I don't think so.

In it's current state, it's still miles ahead of some other games at release.

The reality in game developing being as it is, no game will get the development time it really needs.

RO2 could've come out much worse. I'm content with it being released and having it patched up.

Upvote 0
As someone who is waiting for the DVD release, I would think at this late date, if they are going to release the game on the 13th, if the DVDs aren't already made, they will be soon. It takes time to make them and get all the packaging done and shipped to the stores for a release on the 13th. So do they release a buggy game that has to be patched out of the box, or wait and release a more polished game where it plays out of the box? Of course there are going to be patches no matter how it ships.

I haven't played the beta, but I would say by all the bug threads, I'd say at least a month longer.

Upvote 0