• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Things you never discovered in RO

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
First of all I want to say that lot of old players to this day dont know how to use some game features of RO ost front.

So why not to discuss it :p

Here is my list:
1. never used microphone in game. Dont know how to do it :p I play other games and I use microphone there but in RO ... I really dont know to enable it game menu. Dont smile upon me :D.
2. tank gun zoom, I trying lot of times to select key, but it never do right thing :D
3. other mystery for me is how to change tank ammo without shooting loaded round :rolleyes:

1. Go look in the key bindings :)
2. There is no tank gun "zoom". Except the dual-power scopes for the late-model Panthers, implemented in DH.
3. You can't - there is no (easy) way to remove a round that has already been loaded into a WWII-era tank gun. Far quicker to fire it out the front! That is also why there is the "manual reload" option - so that you can effectively have the loader wait for instructions on what round to load next, leaving the breech clear. I have an account of a mis-fire being removed from a 75mm Sherman gun - messy :)

Upvote 0
I have an account of a mis-fire being removed from a 75mm Sherman gun - messy :)

:eek: Tell us more! :IS2:

Ok, well, as I remember it...

The gunner hit the pedal to fire an HE round and it failed to fire. The loader could re-cock the Sherman's 75mm gun from his side, manualy, which he did. Second attempt - still didn't fire. Commander calls it a "misfire" and gets permission to pull back from the line and extract the thing.

Once off the line, the driver, radio op and commander dismount and move to a safe distance. With them clear, the loader manually opens the breech. With the breech open, the loader can then attempt to free the round from the barrel - has to pry it out, with the gunner reaching under to help steady it once it comes loose. As it finally comes loose, they have to cradle it between them, gunner taking the weight, while the loader moves upwards, then takes the round, pushed up by the gunner, to clear the breech area. Gunner then moves into the turret hatch, loader feeding the round up to him.

If this round was just being "unloaded" it could theoretically be placed back in the ready-racks. As it is live and a vey definitely "non-safe" HE round, they had to shove it out of the turret hatch, far enough to clear the body of the tank, while ducking back into the tank, in case the round went off when it hit the ground. Luckily it didn't - the crew re-mounted and backed away far enough that they could depress the gun enough to fire a round at the misfire, setting it off...

Complex!

Upvote 0
That is for adjusting the range ( lean left/lean right keys) and probably what you meant earlier when you called it the zoom key, unless of course you were playing on a server running the Armored Beasts mutator which i believe uses zoomed sights.
Don't ask me how to use the range adjustment, coz i don't know, i do it all by eye.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is for adjusting the range ( lean left/lean right keys) and probably what you meant earlier when you called it the zoom key, unless of course you were playing on a server running the Armored Beasts mutator which i believe uses zoomed sights.
Don't ask me how to use the range adjustment, coz i don't know, i do it all by eye.

it should be nice to see some tutorials about for example tank guns, like guy from tripwire saying about reloading of tank gun ammo. Some technical things from WWII era are not clear to everyone. :p

Upvote 0