• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Spotlight blink problems?

Hello, i'm currently experiencing an issue with a spotlight im using for a broken light pole. If i build or move the spotlight after setting blink or flicker or any light effect on, it works fine in the preview on ued. However as soon as i rebuild all or lighting, it stops working and goes to steady, even though its set still to blink or flicker. Anyone know why? or a way around this? I'd just use a trigger light, but it doesn't look nearly as good, or accurately realistic as a spotlight does. THanks!~

Also i forgot to mention i've tried both moving the light, saving and playing in game, and checking in game after rebuild, both times its still just permanently on.

Last edited:
I just did some testing and it seems like the SpotLight LightEffect (the only difference between a "SpotLight" and a regular light!) doesn't work as a dynamic light for some reason.

It didn't work in a triggerlight and it didn't work in a normal light set to bDynamic=True.

It seems like this is a limitation of the engine. You'll have to do without. You could use a projector to achieve the desired effect.

Upvote 0