• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Superbugs on a WASP. :eek:

The game does look pretty though. How have patches/drives make the performance? Anyone running a GTX 260? If so what frame rates do you get?
I played the beta (running a GTX 260) and I had to turn my settings most of the way down to get playable frame rates. I'd also like to know from anyone who has this card if performance is better or about the same as the beta with the GTX 260.

Upvote 0
I finished the campaign yesterday and the game was getting slightly interesting near the end, when everything was almost over.
All the hype for nothing.

So they're basically direct fire weapons...since you know where to aim after at least the first shot.

I think so, I once was capping B on Seine Crossing ( Console version ) en the enemy rained mortar on the objective without having any sights on it at the beginning of the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But in hardcore mode snipers are real annoyance with 1 shot kills, like in BC2.

I dont really understand why people play hardcore in the first place.
You can snipe with pistols ( especially M1911 since its mad good ) because the game mechanics dont change, it only removes your hud and increases weapon damage.
And thats probably your problem as well with snipers then, the gameplay doesnt change but the damage does.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont really understand why people play hardcore in the first place, you can snipe with pistols for example because the game is not made for hardcore, its made for the core mode.
imho hardcore in BF3 is much more fun than it was in BC2 or CoD series. Particularly because of quite big recoil of all weapons (compared to mentioned BF sereis and CoD series) and bullet drop on all weapons. Thus there are no rail guns and it is quite hard to hit someone with for example carbine at distances greater than 100m. Imho BF3 in hardcore is quite similar to AA2/3 or Insurgency

Reactions: Makino and Verluste
Upvote 0
imho hardcore in BF3 is much more fun than it was in BC2 or CoD series. Particularly because of quite big recoil of all weapons (compared to mentioned BF sereis and CoD series) and bullet drop on all weapons. Thus there are no rail guns and it is quite hard to hit someone with for example carbine at distances greater than 100m. Imho BF3 in hardcore is quite similar to AA2/3 or Insurgency
An arcade game cant be formed into a succesful hardcore realistic mode or whatever. Besides, the sniperclass gets

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I downloaded the SP demo just to get a gauge of performance on my PC, and I've noticed a ton of stuttering, even on low settings.

My FPS will be just fine, but there's so much stuttering it's almost unplayable. I tried disabling hyperthreading, as that is something alot of people have been suggesting. Anyone have tips?

Upvote 0
I downloaded the SP demo just to get a gauge of performance on my PC, and I've noticed a ton of stuttering, even on low settings.

My FPS will be just fine, but there's so much stuttering it's almost unplayable. I tried disabling hyperthreading, as that is something alot of people have been suggesting. Anyone have tips?

Lots of mouse lag ranting I here.
Try adjusting the raw mouse setting. If you have a gaming mouse and use it, this ain't gonna help much.
Latest vid drivers or the game might not even run.

Errr, I'm having a nice ride on this thing...

PC my bottom...

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...latform-switched-to-consoles-mid-development/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I'll have to download the SP demo myself then, can't seem to find it. I'll check Origin tomorrow. Also, if you're using Nvidia update your drivers. They are supposed to help BF3's performance a lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0