• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Patchs improving my performance...

Srinidhalaya

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Everyone is quick to post about when stuff doesn't work, I wanted to make sure I posted when it does work.

The latest rounds of patch's are vastly improving my performance. I've also used the TextureStreaming "Pool Size" tweak, which helps a lot as well.

There is still a lot of room for improvements, as I still believe my setup isn't being used to its fullest capabilities. But I am able to play on ultra now, with consistent frame rates. The games is VERY gorgeous, the textures look real nice, the detail modeling is superb, the sounds are very immersing; all in all it is extremely satisfying to play.

Keep up the good work, TWI, as many friends are not having the same luck with performance as I am. There are still many bugs, but we all appreciate your dedication to keeping constant support.

Salute.

What's the Texture Streaming pool size tweak?

i believe he means this.

[ELIMINATE TEXTURE POP-IN]
1. Search for TextureStreaming
2. Change PoolSize line to equal your half of your GPU's video RAM. Note that increasing this value decreases fps slightly but reduces hitching and significantly improves video quality. There is a point where increasing this value does not help anything. I noticed very little difference beyond 512.
3. Note that it is possible to remove texturestreaming entirely but it is not recommended since it just increases hitching while the game loads textures
4. Setting this value too high may crash the game

Upvote 0
i believe he means this.

[ELIMINATE TEXTURE POP-IN]
1. Search for TextureStreaming
2. Change PoolSize line to equal your half of your GPU's video RAM. Note that increasing this value decreases fps slightly but reduces hitching and significantly improves video quality. There is a point where increasing this value does not help anything. I noticed very little difference beyond 512.
3. Note that it is possible to remove texturestreaming entirely but it is not recommended since it just increases hitching while the game loads textures
4. Setting this value too high may crash the game

^This

Upvote 0
Yeah have really good FPS release'd version vs beta. I have everything on ULTRA with 1080 res. Just don't get that good of FPS on Station (but still playable)

Game looks AMAZING! Shouldn't judge game's graphics off of youtube video's cause the game looks amazing on my comp.

Graphics/Effects/Gore 3 thumbs up if I had 3.

Think after the "smoothing" out process finishes this game will be best game this year.

Already have more hours raked up than my Crysis 2 MP, or duke nukem, Operation FLashpoint red river, wings of prey (naming games I bought this year)

Upvote 0
Outdated Q6600 running stock @ 2.4 and a single 4870x2 card. Ram is DDR2 @ 800mhz

Patches can't help you much I am afraid. 2.4 GHz even though quad is really slow for todays games. Your ram is fine. Not sure how good the 4870x2 was though. I'm an Nvidia guy so I can't comment on AMD/ATi VGA cards. I will say however that this game does use hardware phyics-this is a setting you enable or disable in the games video settings menu. Nvidia calls this "Cuda" support now. ATi calls it stream processors, but they have no game support. If you don't know what phyics is, it is more or less work the CPU has to do plus everything else. On Nvidia cards this work gets passed on to the video card. In my case I have 336 "cuda-cores "on my GTX460 which is doing all that phyics work in the game, so my CPU is free to do everything else without any extra work. My frame rate is pegged 80 solid most times with small dips into the 60's and 70's. This is with ultra quality by the way...

Upvote 0
That texture PoolSize thingie does absolutely nothing, but I guess it's OK since it doesn't hurt either :p

Also... OP if you were really getting 15fps with 2600k, there's something very wrong with your system

PS

The guy above me has no clue.
He's been spewing this Nvidia/AMD bs for some time now.
PhysX in RO2 has nothing to with his or anyones "cuda-cores". It's all done on CPU.

Last edited:
Upvote 0