• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Debrecen beta4

-fixed bushes collision
-added some fall trees so now it will looks more like it was on October :D
-changed forest trees to more darker.
-added a short time of respawn of panthers and IS2 so nobody will steal them anymore.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ywi3bz

This version needs AB 2.07 so if someone don't have it let me know on PM.

Keystone, its looking good so far, we'll put some time into the map today and let you know. ;)

Upvote 0
Looking great so far, Keystone...the map plays lovely.

I do have 1 issue, though.
The cornfield near the Farm makes for a big fps-hit, when I'm very close to it (or in it) and using binoculars or the gunsight.
Plain eyesight is ok.
This sometimes makes small gun-aiming changes a bit of a pain.

I know you already made the corn a bit lower on an older version, but fps-wise that makes little difference.
Is there a way to increase fps, without losing the coverring properties of the corn to much?
Btw, I wouldn't want to loose that cornfield overthere, that's not what I mean...it adds such good gameplay, for both armies.

Upvote 0
Keep up the good work keystone, your map is truly the king of tank maps right now. I hope we will see more fantastic tank maps from you in the future, maybe something early war with panzer 3 and short barreled stug vs t-34 and kv-1 (once those tanks are finished) next time? :)

Off topic: Why does everyone keep calling the wheat fields corn?! Even to an untrained eye they look nothing alike!

Upvote 0
Pleeeeease move that axis forward spawn back a little for the next version, not by much but just enough so that they spawn right behind the hill and not right on top of it in full view of village. It's really annoying to be on the way to recap village when axis caps one of the other cap points and suddenly a huge line of tanks appear out of thin air and shoot you to hell. This is the only big thing wrong with the map right now, other than that you're coming pretty close to final imho.

Upvote 0
with forward spawn in this place I've seen many times when allies took them Farm or West Field, even Village sometimes. I can move it back but it might be then too hard to keep west field and Farm. Also might be too hard to capture North field, those T34 from first spawn to North fields are very quickly, but germans from their second spawn to North field takes long time. If you are playing in allies it might feel you that spawn is too close. But if you would play axis you would feel that it's too hard to capture North field beacuse it's too far and german tanks aren't fast enough.

Upvote 0
It's not that the spawn is too close, it's that it is out in the open and in full view of the entire village area. Spawns should if possible be located in areas out of view of the enemy, that is why it should be behind the hill just like the allied forward spawn is. It's only a matter of 100 meters or so, so I doubt it would imbalance the map. This spawn can also work in the favor of allies if there are many allied tanks precent, pretty much forcing them to spawn camp. This is not a good thing.

Upvote 0
This map is an excellent exercise for fighting over long ranges, with the upcoming new TWI-map.
I know Debrecen doesn't have the extreme ranges of Krivoi Rog, but still I'm getting more and more 1000m kills...even on moving targets.
I had 1 on 1200m, but the target was only visible through fully zoomed (AB-) binoculars, showing as a slightly different looking shade in the distant fog.

Love this map. :D

Upvote 0