• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I Feel sorry for the people who play Russians

I strictly play as Russian, and I don't regret it. I don't use anything but bolt rifles almost all the time and I have no trouble being in at least the top 5 almost all the time I play. You just have to work your way around the battlefield and not go in predictable chokepoints/areas.
Such is war.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I gotta admit the teams usually stack in favor of the Axis anyway. I -always- go Russian, unless there is a strong team imbalance (which is never) and I use exclusively bolts. I wasn't having any trouble with balance up until yesterday. Then I jumped in-game after the patch and everyone and their grandmother was using an assault rifle, which is a superior weapon and the replacement for the far inferior bolt.

No matter how careful I was, no matter how well I tried to implement the strategies that worked through the beta and up until yesterday, no matter how well we worked together as a team, we'd constantly get crushed by MKB'ers hosing us down with tons of powerful, accurate automatic fire.

Upvote 0
I strictly play as Russian, and I don't regret it. I don't use anything but bolt rifles almost all the time and I have no trouble being in at least the top 5 almost all the time I play. You just have to work your way around the battlefield and not go in predictable chokepoints/areas.
Such is war.

same. always russian, bolt action on mid/large maps.

ppsh on apartments/barracks.

if im not top 5 of the scoreboard, i turn off the game.

it's not that, it just feels like im the only one who knows how to play in a tactical manner on allies.

Upvote 0
Since I care foremost about having a fair, balanced game, I end up having to play USSR probably more than 19/20 games. Still the Axis team always has more players. Even when they are defending. Yeah, good luck winning as attackers against a superior force, on maps that have balance issues (except BRAIN ELEVATOR!). Allied victory during beta were not common and they are even less common now.

I'm not sure what goes through the minds of the people who pick Axis every time, get the most OP weapon, and dominate. Does it not feel totally hollow, phoney?

I'm also surprised over the rather large amount of bolt action rifles on the Allied side. I'm sure many of them don't have to choose it, but do it anyway. Purists maybe. Then again, who knows how many of the Allied players are part of the "Axis only, but it won't let me play Axis..." group. Hmm.

Auto-balance should make sure that the attacking side never has less players than the defending. It is absurd, all else being equal.

Upvote 0
I tend to always go 50/50 with picking sides. My win/loss ratio is about 1.5 atm. I know that stats are currently a lil broken, but it definately feels to me anyways that mine are fairly accurate. So it's not really so bad.

PS: I'm actually finding the two new weapons (German assualt rifle and Russian battle rifle) to not be my cup of tea at all. They have an insane amount of recoil on them. It's like my soldiers arms are made of springs. I'm sticking to bolts and semi's.

Upvote 0
Since I care foremost about having a fair, balanced game, I end up having to play USSR probably more than 19/20 games. Still the Axis team always has more players. Even when they are defending. Yeah, good luck winning as attackers against a superior force, on maps that have balance issues (except BRAIN ELEVATOR!). Allied victory during beta were not common and they are even less common now.

I'm not sure what goes through the minds of the people who pick Axis every time, get the most OP weapon, and dominate. Does it not feel totally hollow, phoney?

I'm also surprised over the rather large amount of bolt action rifles on the Allied side. I'm sure many of them don't have to choose it, but do it anyway. Purists maybe. Then again, who knows how many of the Allied players are part of the "Axis only, but it won't let me play Axis..." group. Hmm.

Auto-balance should make sure that the attacking side never has less players than the defending. It is absurd, all else being equal.

No, I legitimately see far more bolts on the Allied side. That's why it baffled me that everyone was complaining about the assault class, as assault, squadleader, and often commander is always open for the Ruskies who choose to fight with bolts and semis. I never had a problem killing the Krauts before, but now that they have something with a higher RoF than the MP40 and just as accurate as their semi-auto rifle, things are a bit trickier for the Allied team...

Upvote 0
Problem is, more experienced players go to German side and Russian side always seems to be filled with noobs/people that don't have a clue what to do.

I can't stand when Germans are capping and my whole teams is camping/rifling around and I'm the only one blocking it.

Then a guy comes and rather then stay put, he goes around the corner to get slaughtered.

Daily occurrence right there.

Reactions: The Algerian
Upvote 0
Was on Grain last night, a already one sided map for Russians, but everyone wanted to go Axis for the MKB. Turns out, Axis can rape the crap out of that map when everyone has the MKb.
I just played a bunch of games. Tried out the MKb42 once, then went back to Russia. The Brain Elevator was the only one they did not win (I left before it finished, but they lost one round crushingly). Interestingly I had duels from the top of the tower with my Mosin-Nagant, versus MKb42's far away on the ground (they were leaning around corners and spraying the tower levels - the bullets went through the walls). Like a MG34 letting it rip. But the only times I saw people getting hit (including myself) was when the assault rifle guys shot single aimed shots. SMGs never do that sort of thing. Then, if they advanced to the tower we did seemed screwed. It's like facing MP40's that have more range and killing power, and whose bullets penetrate walls similar to how rifles do. At least that was my impression.

The MKb42 itself looks goofy, just like in Red Orchestra. Tall and narrow. Odd looking sights. Excellent reload animations.

Upvote 0