• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I can show you videos of any battle rifle, and as long as the man firing them is not an idiot (like the guy in the AVT-40 video in question who jumps backwards like a moron), they don't shoot into the sky after the 4th shot like the AVT-40 in game.

I still stand by my opinion that the AVT is fine as it is. Having picked people off with it at 100+ meters away on full auto, I got used to it's recoil very quickly. But maybe Im crazy because I can do the same thing with the PPSh. The problem is that there are way too many automatic and semi-automatic weapons in the first place.

Upvote 0
For the love of god, restrict the MKB to elite riflemen only. Do Not Let Squad Leaders or Commanders have anything other than their respective sub-machine guns. I play commander and SL almost exclusively and more than the smg would make them overpowered.

I totally agree. And I would add that the Commanders/Squad Leaders should have the choice between an SMG and a NORMAL BOLT, not elite riflemen semi's - or at least make this an option.

I understand the desire to tailor the game more inclusively rather than exclusively, but at this point it's just ceasing to feel like the realistic shooter TWI has always wanted to make/made.

*shrug* guess it's time to put the game on the back-burner for a while until the RO2 Realism mod comes out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still stand by my opinion that the AVT is fine as it is. Having picked people off with it at 100+ meters away on full auto, I got used to it's recoil very quickly. But maybe Im crazy because I can do the same thing with the PPSh. The problem is that there are way too many automatic and semi-automatic weapons in the first place.

I'm assuming you picked off those people on full auto for the same reason I did: the first round goes exectly where you're aiming. If you were aiming accurately, you will kill them with that round. The second shot goes 15 feet above him though. You're much better off just pressing 6 and acting like its an SVT with a 15 round mag.

Upvote 0
Actually limiting the MkB should be the answer. And from videos of the AVT being fired it looks like it has less recoil than IRL. Just because the M14 and the AVT fire similarly sized rounds doesn't mean that the internal mechanisms of the AVT are anywhere near as well made or efficient as the M14.
The AVT-40 and M14 are similar enough I think. The M14 man is using the correct stance (left leg forward, leaning heavily forward with the weapon firmly braced into the shoulder socket). The AVT-40 guy looks more casual.

Another similar weapon is the FG-42. About the same weight, size and cartridge.
FG42 firing - YouTube

And the H&K G3. By a very muscular and seemingly trained, man.
Full Auto HK G3 - YouTube

These weapons have tremendous recoil when shot on full auto. Yes, large modern men with the correct posture can shoot short bursts properly. But most of the time it is totally impractical. The Soviet men of WWII were not quite as well fed or trained.

The AVT-40 is nothing like an assault rifle and cannot fulfill that role at all. It is like a full auto M1 Garand, or G3, or M14, with a low capacity magazine. It is a battle rifle, used with single shot setting 99% of the time. Variants where the full auto was meant to be used were the LMG variants - with heavier barrels, bipod and large capacity magazines - in essense, turning into something similar to the MG34 from the game but lighter weight.

Upvote 0
I'm assuming you picked off those people on full auto for the same reason I did: the first round goes exectly where you're aiming. If you were aiming accurately, you will kill them with that round. The second shot goes 15 feet above him though. You're much better off just pressing 6 and acting like its an SVT with a 15 round mag.

Close, but I was using 2-3 round bursts and pulling down very hard on my mouse. It was on Station and I saw a group of German soldiers chargin the first couple points, shot out a burst and would kill 2 at a time. Sure it is a hard weapon to use, but the way I see it is, why should every weapon be easy to use? Don't forget about stat progression too, but that only means the MKb will be that much easier to use as well.

Upvote 0
Huh? I dont remember seeing any posts about the MkB42?

Men-In-Black-400x308.jpg

copyright THunter 2011 :p

+1

to "realism" people....besides the fact this is a game....remember

catwatermelonlake.jpg

Upvote 0
The simplest and best fix:

Just adapt to the game. People aren't invincible.

Life will go on. Russians will eventually figure out how to beat it. STG isn't a god weapon. Everybody knows the Germans were better equipped anyhow. Remember, there are humans at the other end of the game. You have this thing called a brain. Ingenuity is the father of invention! :D

Upvote 0
The AVT-40 and M14 are similar enough I think. The M14 man is using the correct stance (left leg forward, leaning heavily forward with the weapon firmly braced into the shoulder socket). The AVT-40 guy looks more casual.

Another similar weapon is the FG-42. About the same weight, size and cartridge.
FG42 firing - YouTube

Full Auto HK G3 - YouTube

These weapons have tremendous recoil when shot on full auto. Yes, large modern men with the correct posture can shoot short bursts properly. But most of the time it is totally impractical. The Soviet men of WWII were not quite as well fed or trained.

The AVT-40 is nothing like an assault rifle and cannot fulfill that role at all. It is like a full auto M1 Garand, or G3, or M14, with a low capacity magazine. It is a battle rifle, used with single shot setting 99% of the time. Variants where the full auto was meant to be used were the LMG variants - with heavier barrels, bipod and large capacity magazines - in essense, turning into something similar to the MG34 from the game but lighter weight.

G3 Full auto - YouTube

power of g3 - YouTube

0:18 ^

Would seem the meathead isn't well trained at all.

And the FG42 is a support weapon meant to be fired with a bipod. Its more like a BAR than a battle rifle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Having treasure troves of these weapons on HARDCORE servers seems just bizarre.

This is my issue. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with TW trying to cater to the mainstream, as long as they made it so this mainstream stuff is not stuffed down our throats. This was what relaxed and hardcore realism should have been about, relaxed being for the more mainstream gamers and harcore being for the RO1 vets.

But they DIDN'T! Seriously, I don't get this. It is obvious a large portion of the old playerbase did not want the STG44, or dual mag MP40, or unlockable PPSH drums, or the large number of weapon mods now available. Why did TW not just add a mode that removed theses features?

It seriously could not have been lots of work to make a super hardcore realism mode that removed ranking, removed unlocks, removed prototypes and other gimics and gave us a more historical experience. Nothing had to be added, in fact if anything stuff would have had to be taken out. Why alienate your base like this? This could have been avoided by just making a mode that kept things real for those who want it, and arcade for those who want it. Why not put a little extra effort into the game to do that?

Upvote 0