• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Suggestion]To much STG and AVT

this game is FUBAR now with the MKb. Im pretty pissed and annyoed the whole feel of the game is ruined with everybody and their mom using a MKb.

I serriously thought on the first day of playing the game wed get to use it, then on the 2nd day it would be locked untill we unlocked it ourselfs.

thats how it should be.

What? You'd only be postponing it two weeks then.

Upvote 0
Making the Mkb42 and AVT40 available to elite rifleman is certainly a better situation than one is going on right now, but I think the best decision would be to make them only weapons that heroes could use, so you'd only see one per side per round.
I have an idea, limit them to elite rifleman class, but only selectable when have hero status. Sovles 2 problems:

1. lowers number of deathrays in team.
2. lowers number of semis when heroes select deathrays instead.

The above only applies to the axis team though, as I can't see anyone in their right mind choosing avt over svt.

Oh and on the final note, this isn't red orchestra as I imagined it, the last time I was in a situation when all I heard on a server was "ratatatatat" was when playing cod:waw a few years back. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Making the Mkb42 and AVT40 available to elite rifleman is certainly a better situation than one is going on right now, but I think the best decision would be to make them only weapons that heroes could use, so you'd only see one per side per round. I mean, these weapons were rarer than rare, and as most RO forum goers here who have been around a while know, there is plenty of speculation as to whether they were ever in Stalingrad to begin with.

With so much controversy surrounding these weapons in the past on these forums, its incredible to me that we'd see everyone and their mother running around with them in the game ... its almost like someone is TRYING to start a forum **** storm lol ...

I completely agree, make them 1-2 people per side, having tons of people using them all at once is so god damn stupid, but I hope you guys see this and can make it 1-2 people per side weapon (preferably 1). Because right now as it is after this patch I haven't gotten killed from anything other then a Mkb or AVT, it's ridiculous.

Upvote 0
I only registered to say this.

HAHAHAHA @ all those crying PPSH **** :D

You hat your FotM time and now you're getting your *** kicked since your cheap *** CoD run&gun weapon has found his match in the Mkb42.

Welcome back to feeling vulnerable :rolleyes:

I hope TWI doesn't listen. If they do, things will go down like an MMO with PvP cause everyone is crying and it never ends. Nerf rotation? Hell no...

Also, most people here are totally exaggerating.

Upvote 0
Why would you make a realism game catered to history buffs, and then take a super rare weapon and give it to half the team?
because twi is a business and they need to make a profit so they dont go out of business, and i highly doubt catering to the ro1 crowd will make them a profit because games cost a lot of money to make and there are not tens of thousands of ro1 players to buy up this game and make them said profit.

Upvote 0
Why would you make a realism game catered to history buffs, and then take a super rare weapon and give it to half the team?

Hoesntly I believe all that fluff they gave us was about money. The wanted the game to appear to the realism buffs, so we would buy it. Now theyre turning their back on the realism and historically accurate parts of the game in order to generate more sales to the "generic" crowd with implimentions of this redicoulous crap. I feel this game is straying from its "historical" roots and leaning more towards the call of duty side. Im not saying RO2 IS cod, i just feel that gameplay and the game itself is leaning towards cod now unless some serrious redesign happens.

its really a shame. this game could honestly be a really historically correct game if it wasnt for all the rare unlockable crap that wasnt even in stalingrad being readily available.

Ask anybody, they feel the same way. It must be horrible playing as a Russian right now. All i see in the servers is people flooding the chat with comments on how the Mkb is ruining/going to ruin the game.

If anybody disagrees theyre either a transplant from call of duty or somebody that could care less.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heissman
Upvote 0
The weapons are great fun and do deserve to be in the game in some ways. But not the way they are. I support the idea of limiting these weapons through the roles. The simplest solution is to have the AVT-40 available as option for the MG class, and the MKb42 as option for the 'elite rifleman' class (being the elite and few, they would be the ones chosen to try out this type of prototype. Riflemen use assault rifles in the real world, too, whereas assault guys use either special short carbine assault rifles or SMGs - another reason not to put it in the assault class). As these slots are as limited they should be, the disturbance will be small, we won't ever see tons of these weapons at the same time (being more historical) and there won't be even more spam of self-loading weapons than there already is (which I think is a problem).

-------------------------

I've had concerns ever since I saw & ordered the DDE version, regarding these weapons.

Meet the first Assault Rifle - German MKb42

An assault rifle is a (successful) attempt to create a SMG / battle rifle hybrid. It permits the operator to do the duties of both, but with slightly less efficiency at the extremes (super close CQB and very long range shooting). Anything in between though, its flexibility to engage and do it well in almost every type of engagement setting makes it the ideal weapon for nearly all infantry.

This it is. I used it often in RO1 (and other games). One runs around mostly in semi-auto mode and have no problems killing at pretty long distances, like a semi-auto rifle. At the same time, triple the magazine capacity of a G41/43/SVT-40 and magazine switching is quick. In some situations there are lots of enemies bunched up in a group running down a chokepoint. Set the selector to full auto, go prone and mow them down. When getting to close CQB range, the weapon is also put on full auto, and performs admirably well at bringing controlled automatic fire much the same as any SMG would do. Hipfire or aimed, doesn't matter.

An ingenius design, inventing a new class of weapon. A big step forward for infantry. The German military was raving about how awesome it was and begged Hitler to supply more of them. Hitler at the time, had dismissed the idea of such a weapon and forbidden its development in favor of the hardcore full sized rifle cartridges and aimed single shots. He was unaware that the industry had gone ahead with the concept anyway and what a huge success it had become.

Having a high proliferation of this weapon on the German side is terrible for the unbalancing and the ahostorical issues.

Soviet AVT-40

Unlike the MKb42, this weapon is not an assault rifle at all. It does not belong with the assault class, but rather the MG class. From Wikipedia:
To supplement the Red Army's shortage of machine guns, an SVT version capable of full-automatic fire was produced in 1943, and was designated the AVT-40. It was externally similar to the SVT, but its modified safety also acted as a fire selector. A larger 15 or 20 round capacity magazine was reportedly designed for use with the AVT, but this is unconfirmed and there are no known examples. The AVT featured a slightly stouter stock; surplus AVT stocks were later used on refurbished SVTs. In service, the AVT proved to be a disappointment: automatic fire was largely uncontrollable, and the rifles often suffered breakages under the increased strain. The use of the AVT's automatic fire mode was subsequently prohibited.

Having people use it instead of the PPSh won't help in CQB since the PPsh is far superior. Instead it is just enabling people to convert Assault class into more 'elite riflemen' with SVT-40's. Not a terrible thing if they are doing long/medium range fighting. The auto feature itself should be next to useless so it does not change much more than that.

AVT-40 rifle - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
because twi is a business and they need to make a profit so they dont go out of business, and i highly doubt catering to the ro1 crowd will make them a profit because games cost a lot of money to make and there are not tens of thousands of ro1 players to buy up this game and make them said profit.

Hoesntly I believe all that fluff they gave us was about money. The wanted the game to appear to the realism buffs, so we would buy it. Now theyre turning their back on the realism and historically accurate parts of the game in order to generate more sales to the "generic" crowd with implimentions of this redicoulous crap. I feel this game is straying from its "historical" roots and leaning more towards the call of duty side. Im not saying RO2 IS cod, i just feel that gameplay and the game itself is leaning towards cod now unless some serrious redesign happens.

its really a shame. this game could honestly be a really historically correct game if it wasnt for all the rare unlockable crap that wasnt even in stalingrad.

Putting in super rare weapons will not make it sell millions of copies, the game at its core is about realism and thats what they should focus on. The game actually is pretty accessible and they succeeded in that, but the learning curve has nothing to do with spamming the game with super rare prototypes.

Upvote 0
Putting in super rare weapons will not make it sell millions of copies, the game at its core is about realism and thats what they should focus on. The game actually is pretty accessible and they succeeded in that, but the learning curve has nothing to do with spamming the game with super rare prototypes.
It's almost as if we've discussed the community's fears of seeing far too many of these incredibly rare things in the game before on this forum ...

oh that's right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I only registered to say this.

HAHAHAHA @ all those crying PPSH **** :D

You hat your FotM time and now you're getting your *** kicked since your cheap *** CoD run&gun weapon has found his match in the Mkb42.

Welcome back to feeling vulnerable :rolleyes:

I hope TWI doesn't listen. If they do, things will go down like an MMO with PvP cause everyone is crying and it never ends. Nerf rotation? Hell no...

Also, most people here are totally exaggerating.

You know how I know you always play Axis?

Reactions: Golf33
Upvote 0
Unlocks would be better if it more about customization you make you look different instead of unrealistic attachments on top of unrealistic guns.

I think slight character customization would of been more popular.

Ya I'd rather see some (limited) custom uniforms (within the realm of believability) for people rather than everyone running around with these... just stupid.

Upvote 0