• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Yep, mine has the rails, but it doesn't have the notch that snipers have. You'll probably never see a real SVT sniper notch unless it's in person. It's basically an unwritten rule among SVT sniper owners not to post pics on the internet. Since it is so easy to fake.

That is correct.

I have a picture but don't ask me for it. :D

Upvote 0
Cool, I'll check that site once the money allows, because I know if I see one up and I have the funds for it I'll jump all over it like a dog on a leg, and probably end up not eating for a while because of it! :p Definately bookmarked though.

After finding out that my C&R meets the 'marksmanship or other firearms related activity' requirement for the CMP, I have an M1 to go after too. Oh so many choices, so little money.

Upvote 0
well the bayonet arrived... date matched and in really nice condition... the free cetme bayonet has a good bit of surface rust but it was free and the rust is coming off fairly easily (i'll take pics of it when i'm done)

1918_SMLE_bayo.jpg

Upvote 0
is that a true Russian SKS or something just as good but not as expensive say a Yugo M59?

and of course now i have a 1929 tula 91/30 that i just bought from gunbroker to wait for (i only wanted 2 91/30s.. my current 37 izzy SCW and a wartime (which i currently have a high bid on) but i guess i can make room for one more plus i kinda wanted a tula and a hex in my collection now i have both in one rifle)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
HAHA An SKS in the PRK (People's Republik of Kalifornia), that's right on the legal limit right?

Edit: Other than that, beautiful weapon you have there.

Yep, right on the legal limit. I figured I might as well get at least one borderline military 'assault rifle' from era in which I still liked the design of the firearms being used. I loved the color so I payed a bit higher than usual ($329 +shipping, +Dros), but it's awesome and well worth it. I still need to clean it and get ammo.

necropimp said:
is that a true Russian SKS or something just as good but not as expensive say a Yugo M59?

and of course now i have a 1929 tula 91/30 that i just bought from gunbroker to wait for (i only wanted 2 91/30s.. my current 37 izzy SCW and a wartime (which i currently have a high bid on) but i guess i can make room for one more plus i kinda wanted a tula and a hex in my collection now i have both in one rifle)

It's an all matching Russian SKS, 1953 Tula. I got this off of gunbroker as well. Once I get my second part-time job, I am going to save up either for an M39, a Yugo M48, or possibly a K31. I already have a 91/30 and an M44, but I'd like to get ahold of a 91/30 from Tula; mine is an izzy from 1943 and the M44 as well from 1944.

Edit: Just disassembled the SKS and getting ready to clean it. It's in a damn near pristine condition from what I can tell. Still need to clean the barrel, but man does the rifling look good. Feels like I am watching the Twilight Zone intro.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

An SKS actually made in Russia is worth much more. You will have a hard time finding one of these in the market now.

Current SKS market consists of the following:

Yugo SKS M59 Carbine
Yugo M59/66 Rifle (has grenade launcher and sight
Romanian SKS Carbine
Chinese SKS Carbine

The Yugos do not have a chrome lined bore. The Chinese do but cost a little more if you can find one. The Romanians are a little harder to find.

As long as you properly clean your barrel after shooting, the chrome lined barrel is a luxury, not a necessity. But I do prefer my Chicom SKS over my Yugo simply because it is a lighter carbine. 59/66s are a dime a dozenand present a good value.

If you find one from any other country not listed above, BUY IT! As all the others will be hard to find. Albanian SKSs are very rare for example.

You might want to get one BEFORE the evil Democrats take office.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Yep, right on the legal limit. I figured I might as well get at least one borderline military 'assault rifle' from era in which I still liked the design of the firearms being used. I loved the color so I payed a bit higher than usual ($329 +shipping, +Dros), but it's awesome and well worth it. I still need to clean it and get ammo.

It's an all matching Russian SKS, 1953 Tula. I got this off of gunbroker as well. Once I get my second part-time job, I am going to save up either for an M39, a Yugo M48, or possibly a K31. I already have a 91/30 and an M44, but I'd like to get ahold of a 91/30 from Tula; mine is an izzy from 1943 and the M44 as well from 1944.

Edit: Just disassembled the SKS and getting ready to clean it. It's in a damn near pristine condition from what I can tell. Still need to clean the barrel, but man does the rifling look good. Feels like I am watching the Twilight Zone intro.

Good move on buying a Russian. Keep that puppy stock. It will be worth a lot more as the years pass.

Also, I would suggest getting the K31 next.

They will be the first to dry up and there are not that many left. Once they are gone that is it.

Mind you that the K31 would cost over $1000 if made today yet we can get one now for under $200. Sweet deal.

Ammo is expensive but the GP11 ammo matches the quality of the rifle and it's not that hard to find.

Upvote 0
i have followed this tread for a while and damn there is some fine weapons.
here in denmark its hard to find some proper WWII rifles, but luckely britain isent so far away:D (The War and Peace show).

now i got some questions: ive seen the name "tula" metioned quite some times but was does it means? is it the main Nagant manufactor? or.

ps keep on posting images, i allways wet my panties wenn seeing this thread:D
(sorry for the spelling)

Upvote 0