• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make Perk level show up on scoreboard

My apologies if i made it come across as if all lower level players are bad. :eek: I understand this is not the case, I myself never even bothered with Beginner and on most shooters I start off on hard. Killing Floor isn't quite as easy in that sense, Hard is HARD funnly enough. I also understand that their are a bunch of level 6 players who are crap and i'd chuck away in a second for a lower level pleyer who will stick by the team because they are nervous and need the support. Some level six players can get very cocky and ruin it for everyone. I myself have this problem, i'm going to continue playing normal until my bvrother has all the normal map achievements (two copies on two comps at home), but due to my perk levels I'm finding it too easy, so i stuff around for a bit of fun and end up dying. My own stupid fault, i need to go to hard as soon as I can, but want my brother there to I guess. :)
Enough family history. If I'm looking for servers, i just filter the server down the bottom of the Internet Multiplayer screen to make sure I only see servers with the difficulty that i want. Other people might not do this, but I really recommend it.

So yeah all in all, not all low players are noobs, but due to their inability to get guns for a good discount and the lack of money that the hell On Earth difficulty provides, it reallly isn't a good idea for them to join such a difficulty so early on in there Killing Floor experience. Maybe once just to see what they can look forward to, but they really should build up confidence on lower difficulties, otherwise they might just chuck away the game and say "Wow, what a piece of crap". I've seen it before. :rolleyes:

And please include levels on the scoreboard! :D

Upvote 0
I cleared HoE with 3 and 4 level players.

I hate when people judging others by their level. I saw level 6 guys, that got killed right after *****ing about level 3-4 people on HoE. And latest staying alive till wave end and cooperating properly. Damage output is different, however teamwork can easily compensate that. And it's much more interesting to bring such team to win. Raging about noobs and kicking them is worst kind of community and makes me recall DOTA.

Let's stop that "low level = sucks". If it low level player, high level players should support it. Rage is easiest way and dumbest way for solving problems.

EDIT: I want this suggestion to apply, cause I would know if I have to safe money for lower level players or not.

Absolutly, 6 months ago i was lv3 sharp on a suicidal game. All others players was lv6. One of them said "there is a good team with one noob"
You ask me where is the noob?...The writter was the noob. I was the first killer and help them all the time. He dies a lot of times and he rages quitte because he was the real noob :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, i know the situation your talking about Foxy. There have been times when I am the lowest person on the team (on a normal server due to getting used to different strategies and all that, so I'm not a pain when i do decide to go up in difficulty), but I end up being the one that suvives the most. :rolleyes:

I find that this problem is most prominent among Beserkers, they always seem to do die because they run off and leave the group, then you'll see the message "Medic!" and you have to waste time asking them where they are. By the time you get there, they are being slaughtered and beyond help... Perk level certainly isn't the issue most of the time, it's just convenient to start off with a descent weapon and to have the discounts. Money is so scarce on harder difficulties... :(

Upvote 0