• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will anyone taking assault class use the MP40 now?

Would you mind sharing your reasons? Is it just because you like it better or can't bring yourself to use the Mk42b?

I still use it frequently. I like it because it doesn't burn through ammo as quickly, so generally it's easier to kill multiple targets when firing in full auto (if that happens). I like the unlock, but it pushes rounds out pretty quick and can get ugly if you aren't watchful of your ammo count.. especially if there's more than one guy running around. I use them both, but in different situations. I do like the MP40 though, and it's the first WWII game I've played that I actually don't mind using it for once.

Upvote 0
Between the rifle-like penetration and the fact that I can use it as essentially a semi-auto with a huge clip, the Mkb beats the MP40 hands down now.

This. The increase in German firepower has been insane. When I use the MKB, I use it as a 30 round semi-auto rifle. Its ridiculous. First life I popped at least 8 Ruskies, and that was before I remembered that I could switch to semi...

Upvote 0
That's kind of the point of an assault rifle.

Right.

Assault rifles make every other weapon in the game obsolete. They are superior in every way.

And now the Germans have buckets of them, and the Russians have nothing that can compare. You'd have to be an idiot -not- to use the Mkb on the Axis side.

I almost always play Allies, but I actually found a server that was down Axis soldiers (down by like, 4-5). I joined them, and despite having fewer guys we still kicked their asses simply because our entire team had Mkbs.

Upvote 0
Right.

Assault rifles make every other weapon in the game obsolete. They are superior in every way.

And now the Germans have buckets of them, and the Russians have nothing that can compare. You'd have to be an idiot -not- to use the Mkb on the Axis side.

I almost always play Allies, but I actually found a server that was down Axis soldiers (down by like, 4-5). I joined them, and despite having fewer guys we still kicked their asses simply because our entire team had Mkbs.

^^

AVTs are useless too...so Russians have no counter

Upvote 0