• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TDM servers for next weeks BETA ???

Maybe you should change your thread title and take out the words, "next week's?" It may not be next week, TWI doesn't even know when it'll be out, and that's got to be understood by everyone around here.

The beta will most likely be released early next week, probably around August 30th! give or take a day or two. didn't you get the memo . :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aww bummer, did they say that the beta would infact be postponed? I haven't been on lately between work and getting ready to go back to classes and didn't notice any posts relating to it.

I thought they said somewhere that the beta would not be delayed even though release (originally August 30th right?) was.

We get the beta around the 30th of august the delay has been applied to the beta also...

Upvote 0
I dont want to play firefight, everybody is playing sniper & mg roles, NO thanks i still prefer over half the team riflemen <3

Everybody is playing sniper and mg roles, are you in the Beta? Do you actually know this?
I'm pretty sure this won't be the case not everyone is able to use the mg and sniper proficiently in RO i'm pretty sure it will be the same in RO2. Then again, i don't know, so I'm not making early judgments. "hint" "hint"

I'm actually very excited about playing this game in TDM and Countdown.
I've been playing RO:eek:st since it came out, i have had enough of territory, it will be great to play a new game type. I don't understand why RO players seem to want to do the old recipe all over again... We need something refreshing i think!

This don't mean i won't be playing territory either... common it is the classic gameplay..!

Last edited:
Reactions: HellBilly
Upvote 0
let keep the tdm is for noobs, im too elite for tdm snobbery out of this thread .. if you dont like it dont play it and leave us black sheep be

seen john gidson somewhere talking about how they took 20% of the COD market with the first game and how they'd like to have more

well one third of all cod:bo servers are TDM (1,900 out of 6,400)
thats out of atleast 6 game mode types
if tripewire wants us, we are here

Last edited:
Upvote 0
let keep the tdm is for noobs, im too elite for tdm snobbery out of this thread .. if you dont like it dont play it and leave us black sheep be

seen john gidson somewhere talking about how they took 20% of the COD market with the first game and how they'd like to have more

well one third of all cod:bo servers are TDM (1,900 out of 6,400)
thats out of atleast 6 game mode types
if tripewire wants us, we are here

Most of the community I would like to think welcomes you. Some trolls here hate everything not related 100% directly to RO1.

Upvote 0
^^ That comment by Sasquatch actually got me thinking that I'd like to try sniper on firefight. You wouldn't have a designated shooting lane, or support all the time. But if you hid cleverly in a building and held fire until the combat went past you.... You could end up behind and 20-50ft above a group of enemies who think they're safe in cover and are busy fighting your teamates.

Its posabilities like that that make me want to play firefight even more then objective. It will make the urban combat seem immersive and confusingly fun. All the sudden your team takes out an enemy squad in a courtyard, all goes quiet. Then a couple enemies come barreling out of a basement doorway in a direction you never expected twenty seconds later.

Edit: Did the guys disliking TDM hear that the spawning is going to be in pockets of resistance? Thats what will probably make it awesome for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its funny because its not true :-D Sniper for now is not a preffered role in FF.
Yea I mean, I think pretty much everyone underestimates firefight. RO2 will no doubt be a better game with it in =).

Also, firefight, territory and countdown are a really, really, really good mix of modes =).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yea I mean, I think pretty much everyone underestimates firefight. RO2 will no doubt be a better game with it in =).

Also, firefight, territory and countdown are a really, really, really good mix of modes =).

Agreed! I love CD. Firefight is alot more fun than I initially gave it credit for. Obviously, some maps lend themselves better to certain roles, however, as a Sniper you need to relocate so much , its difficult in FF. I'm sure there are those who can do it, I just lack the rifle skills to pull it off.

Upvote 0