• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] game not launching despite using the solutions stickied.

i've tried a complete reinstall.
verifying integrity of cache
tried deleting the config in my documents ROgame and in the steam files and verified the cache files.
a couple of people said just try restarting your computer, i tired that.
i've also tried having nothing running but the only things needed to have to OS going and steam running.
i've also tried running UE3redist.exe multiple times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes

yes

I have also tried all those and still can't play the game, as well as installing newest video drivers. I even opened up Process Monitor but I am not going to dig through the log for hours until Tripwire shows they are doing something about the issue.

Honestly this is one of the worst releases I've been a part of. There are multiple threads with people encountering this crashing issue and the stickied thread and its 'fixes' are a joke.

Sorry but just because you sell a game 10-15 dollars less than AAA titles doesn't give you a pass on this crap.

Upvote 0
**This forum has twice not posted my message/thread in 2 days and has no record of my post. Nice..

To sum up what I was going to type:

Yes I have tried all those including newest video drivers. I even started opening Process Monitor but decided its not worth digging into teh log until Tripwire shows they are doing somethign about this issue.

There are multiple threads with this issue and the stickied thread about it is a joke. Just because you sell a game for 10-15 less than AAA titles doesn't excuse this kind of crap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mine is a bit different in that I get the splash screen and I get into the game. However it crashes a second after I see the main menu (Singleplayer, Multiplayer, etc).

I originally had trouble running the UE3 components but they now install fine however the crashing issue has not changed.

I've reinstalled completely and verified the cache with no different results. I am due for a format so that may be the next thing I try.

Upvote 0
i only hope to be helpful, so bear that in mind.

are you getting the same problem i get...

the splash screen loads, but it sits there for 8 mins THEN the game loads.

i used to be impatient and cntrl alt del to fix what i thought was a busted instance... but no...

steam starts launching the game then both the splash screen and ROgame.exe pop up. i click ROgame.exe and its just a very small window that doesnt change size or load the game. i click close and says its not responding. i just click close program. i waited around 5 maybe 6 minutes to see if its just my computer being terrible but no luck.

Upvote 0
Okay, I give up, I've finally lost patience with this buggy game. I was finally able to run the game this evening. It hung and I had to do a cold reboot then it's back to the rogame.exe problem again. I'm uninstalling it, I've hardly managed to play for more than a couple of hours since installing it days ago.

Upvote 0
Okay, I give up, I've finally lost patience with this buggy game. I was finally able to run the game this evening. It hung and I had to do a cold reboot then it's back to the rogame.exe problem again. I'm uninstalling it, I've hardly managed to play for more than a couple of hours since installing it days ago.

well i knew this game was buggy but i dont mind helping a community with reporting bugs and such.
in time it will be fixed.

Upvote 0
i only hope to be helpful, so bear that in mind.

are you getting the same problem i get...

the splash screen loads, but it sits there for 8 mins THEN the game loads.

i used to be impatient and cntrl alt del to fix what i thought was a busted instance... but no...

I am having the exact same issue...along with a ROGAME.EXE stopped working sometimes when the MAP is changing...WTH TRIPWIRE fix this or gvie me my mone back.

Upvote 0