• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Whats up with the PING?

for me its 2-3 times more then it say in browser....

Same here, ping says 40 in server browser, I join server and it's 100-150. This happens in every server I join.

I think some of this is server owner's not keeping to the recommended server hardware for their player counts. On most 64player servers when I join and player count is say 25 or 30 I have a ping of 70/80 (when it says 40 in the browser) but once the server fills up I notice everyone's ping is between 100 and 150 where they were all under 100 with only 30 people playing.

And for the love of god will server owners PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE implement ping limits. It is so frustrating when you're playing a game, wondering why it's lagging bad when your own ping is only say 100 and rock steady, you then look in the player list and see half the players have pings 200-400.

Setting a sensible ping limit would solve a lot of the 'performance' issues server admins are having to deal with, as well as fixing the anti-cheat related ping spikes, which are un-noticeable on some servers but on others the game is unplayable for 5 or so minutes every so often whilst the anti-cheat is doing something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why should a server that carried Arma 2 and forgotten hope 2 with 128 players struggle with a UE3 game with 64 players? Dont give me that
weak hardware bull****. The netcode in this game is made by a drunk chimp.

Nobody is giving you weak hardware bull****.

It's a well known fact that RO2 kicks hardware in the crotch repeatedly.

Reactions: trucane
Upvote 0