• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Mod Teams gone commerical

DraKon2k

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I was surprised to see many mod teams now going commercial!

Depth - by many of the KF Mod creators

YouTube - Depth - August Teaser

Contagion - by the creators of Zombie Panic: Source mod

YouTube - Contagion Teaser Reveal Trailer

The Haunted: Hells Reach - by the makers of the original The Haunted mod for UE3

[URL]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-the-haunted/704375[/URL]

And the Insurgency guys, or partly them at least are making a commercial, new version of Insurgency!

Know any more? Feel free to post them here.

Another one that would spring to my mind would be the They Hunger game by Black Widow games, but it seems to be pretty dead. But it's nice to see so many mod teams make the jump and wonder if TWI is always on the lookout for such games to publish?

Last edited:
Aren't the PR guys investing loads of time to ArmA2?
They even went to the UK on a 6 or so day trip to record vehicle sounds alongside BIS Australia (the guys of VBS).
I got the impression a large number of the team were from the UK anyway.
- they are supposedly 'testing the waters' to see how that arma suits the PR experience.
It's saying something when trying out an engine means creating another whole mod.

Upvote 0
I got the impression a large number of the team were from the UK anyway.
- they are supposedly 'testing the waters' to see how that arma suits the PR experience.
It's saying something when trying out an engine means creating another whole mod.

Yeah a load of them are, and a lot are ex military too. I used to play with quite a few of the devs back in the good old PR tourney days. UK_Force and Gaz were two of the lead guys afaik.

Upvote 0
Zombie Panic is good though....

Well, it annoys me. >_> I guess it's because of all the Halo 3 Infection LAN games have spoiled me, alongside Infestation on Aliens Vs Predator. They're pretty much the same gamemode, and ZP has so many annoying moments where I'm stuck as a zombie for the whole game and suffering against a horrible campfest. In the rare event that I'm a survivor player, I get rushed by 20 zombies and my teammates bugger off without telling me. Stoopid clans and their Teamspeak.

Tell em to grab the UDK and talk to us :) And we are always on the look out these days. Our philosophy is if it is indie and awesome, we'd like to talk.

I love reading epic posts like this, <3

Upvote 0
Didn't they all get fired by DICE after BF2 was released?

Yep, they helped develop BF2 for awhile but was fired later in the project, and as far as i know the reasons are still unknown, but DICE is based in Sweden whilst Kaos Studios is American, could've been such issues as well. DICE also closed their Canada Office after BF Vietnam.

Upvote 0