• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I44 Impressive

Lonestarranger

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 19, 2011
Very impressive WWII Mod based on ARMA 2 engine! The engine is Amazing. Real world terrain, map editor that any player can make missions in minutes, outstanding command and control features, better terrain, civilians in the play, animals, tanks, just unbelievable.

Cannot wait for the Russian Front game to come out - Iron Front.

Three videos the way RO2 should be!

ARMA 2 (CO) Invasion 1944 - Paras (KH) - YouTube[/URL]

Invasion 1944 ArmA 2 Counterattack on Hill 375 - YouTube[/URL]

ArmA 2 I44 Battle - YouTube[/URL]

and Iront Front trailer based on ARMA engine:

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/v/NgKOIkkKKE8[/URL]

Last edited:
I seriously wouldn't want RO2 to be anything like Invasion 44, it's a good mod for ARMA but ARMA isn't Red Orchestra at all. Red Orchestra should be more arcade than ARMA, but less arcade than Battlefield.

Just had a look at the website..... and its free? "ARMA 2 FREE"

If you don't mind low res textures, the full version including all the expansion packs costs only 30 euros or so.

Reactions: Makino and pepihoh
Upvote 0
this mod looks impresive, but from what i read the public gameplay is basically dead. so you will enjoy this mod only if you have some friends to play coop with and even then, playing vs bots really sucks compared to playing real players.

the bots in ARMA while not the smartest are actually pretty good.

The challenge comes from the unpredictability, as nothing is scripted and the AI makes discussions on its own.

Upvote 0
Three videos the way RO2 should be

RO1 was not a simulator and RO2 was never meant to be a simulator! NEVER!

The RO franchise is realistic and immersive(at least ro1 was) but it is still a game that is fun. It is in the golden middle between simulators like ARMA II and arcade shooters like Battlefield and the cod series. NOt sure why some people got the impression that the RO franchise is a simulator.

I dont know about you but I really dont like running 15 min to the objective and then being shot from some guy 500 m away and then repeating the whole damn thing. Which is basically what ARMA is if you are not in some kind of a serious clan/unit.

I am glad that RO1 isnt a simulator, and I am not sure why RO2 took some simulator features like the realistic zoom level that arma 2 has if it isnt t trying to be that kind of a game.

I seriously wouldn't want RO2 to be anything like Invasion 44, it's a good mod for ARMA but ARMA isn't Red Orchestra at all. Red Orchestra should be more arcade than ARMA, but less arcade than Battlefield.

Exactly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol

Are players skipping that much when you play it, or just on this video?
Kinda breaks immersion when players are moving with so much "jittering". Not very realistic.

ARMA2 is the best commercial military simulator out there but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it's flaws, the game has tons of functions but that also means it needs to adress a lot of keyboard keys and rely on the GUI and HUD a lot. Which is also it's biggest flaw, it's just extremely complicated to remember all the keys and where to find all the different HUD elements.

This makes the gameplay feel very clunky and the enormous strain the game puts on the server is making it very hard to keep the online gameplay lagless.

Luckily though, the gameplay is much slower than most shooters out there, so the clunkyness and jittering really isn't as annoying as other games. It's easy to overlook considering the immersion the game can bring.

Upvote 0